Gloss black grilles - paint or buy?

Paint the originals the fit is much better.
I've done mine through a professional body shop. However not black I've colour coded it in the starlight blue.
Would love to see a pic of this. I'm thinking of gloss black with some starlight details where the chrome would normally be.
Could you post a pic please?
Cheers

The T6 one is set back a bit, so less noticeable. Just never painted it.

The T6.1 is part of the grille, and would look odd if not painted.

Hi Oli,
So on a t6 would you paint the parking sensors? Also on a t6 if you painted the acc radar would it still work OK?
Cheers

Mine are the Travelinlite ones. They seem cheaper than OEM but in their defence have seen some miles and look as good as new.

For me, the pain of prepping, primer and paint isn't worth the hassle but it would probably be just as durable.

View attachment 93364
What colour is your van? Hard to tell in pic....starlight or black? Looks great

I was told by a local bodyshop that they wouldn't paint the grills as its texturised plastic it won't last?

Paint the originals the fit is much better.
I've done mine through a professional body shop. However not black I've colour coded it in the starlight blue.

I agree, you can never beat the OEM fit. I got the aftermarket gloss black grills and front grill and I am really happy but getting originals painted at bodyshop would most probably be that much better. Only thing is buying and fitting ready done is more convenient.

Does anyone know if these lower inserts on the bumper can be removed for painting? Is it an easy job?

1D450D28-C64C-4334-A9F2-DAC3601CBA5A.jpeg

I’ve gone for gloss-black painted upper and lower grills and don’t want a matt-black band across the bottom!

Does anyone know if these lower inserts on the bumper can be removed for painting? Is it an easy job?

View attachment 144193

I’ve gone for gloss-black painted upper and lower grills and don’t want a matt-black band across the bottom!
Yep, they're a pain to get out but easy enough. It's a bumper off job.
I bought a spare set to have painted then just swapped them over. Might still have them in the garage if any use?

Yep, they're a pain to get out but easy enough. It's a bumper off job.
I bought a spare set to have painted then just swapped them over. Might still have them in the garage if any use?

Great. Thanks @Minimucks. I’m going to have to drop the bumper off for the grilles. Do they just push out?

A spare set would be great. I’ll drop you a PM.

Back