Gloss black grille

The caravelle grill is mostly gloss black but Matt inside the main area. I wanted the single chrome strip plus the chrome step that underlines the bonnet to flow with the led lights and I gloss blacked the centre strip.
That cost me £150 on eBay for the grill.

I got new grills and fog trims from Vw, I think it was £150 for all 5 pieces plus another £85 for the chrome strip along the lower middle. I got the grills etc before my van arrived so I could swap straight over.

Thanks @RattyMcClelland as I only ordered my van a couple of weeks ago I'm in the research stage. I'm tempted to buy all sorts of kit but holding off til the van arrives. I'm opting for an ABT front spoilers like yours and all the gloss black bits with one single chrome strip in line with the led headlights. I am looking to spray the mirrors gloss black on top and colour coded indium grey on the underside. Plus the spoiler will need to be sprayed so I should be able to get a good price for spraying the job lot....I hope

Gloss mirror sections is my last mod then the van is finished. Everything possible is already modded.

Aahhhh ! New to this forum...how do you quote I pushed wrong buttons
Simples - when you know @Carlos Vandango . Look at bottom right of the post that you want to quote and click "Quote". Move down to the writing area that has your avatar and click on "Insert Quotes" that you'll find underneath "Write your reply". A box appears, click on the button in bottom frame "Quote these messages" to insert the quote in your draft post. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Simples - when you know @Carlos Vandango . Look at bottom right of the post that you want to quote and click "Quote". Move down to the writing area that has your avatar and click on "Insert Quotes" that you'll find underneath "Write your reply". A box appears, click on the button in bottom frame "Quote these messages" to insert the quote in your draft post. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like what you said. Simple when you know how. Thank you.

Yep me. It's very time consuming doing this mod.

It doesn't photo well.

View attachment 9514
View attachment 9517

I used the caravelles grill and glossed the middle chrome section up, glossed everything else and added the chrome step in the middle wide grill.
Same the plastic, plastic prime, 2k high build, sand back, prime again until flat, paint black then 2k lacquer.

I must have spent 5 hours doing it properly which would cost around £600 of my time.

View attachment 9515
View attachment 9516
Nice van you got there,what engine gearbox combination have you got there and also what size tyres you running on those 20"s??

£240 they have to take the bumper off as the centre grill is a pain to get off.

The centre grill pulls out quite simple. The upper grill between the lights is a bumper off job and the fog trim needs plastic welding to get out.

Nice van you got there,what engine gearbox combination have you got there and also what size tyres you running on those 20"s??

Remapped Euro 6 150 manual. 275/35/20 round circles.

Cheers guys. I can now see why some of the converters are telling me it can't be done. It can, it's just is a lot of work. So am I right in thinking that the Carravelle grille is already a gloss finish.
Yes caravelle grill is gloss and chrome ,I have one on mine

The caravelle grill is mostly gloss black but Matt inside the main area. I wanted the single chrome strip plus the chrome step that underlines the bonnet to flow with the led lights and I gloss blacked the centre strip.
That cost me £150 on eBay for the grill.

I got new grills and fog trims from Vw, I think it was £150 for all 5 pieces plus another £85 for the chrome strip along the lower middle. I got the grills etc before my van arrived so I could swap straight over.
@RattyMcClelland have you still got all the lower trims ,if so would you gloss them and sell ,I would be interested .

Back