Gloss black grill

Kev

T6 Pro
van is going in this week to have grill and lower grill glossed, couple of question first should I gloss the chrome on the top grill or leave chrome? I'm thinking leave chrome and will put a colour on after which will 3m onto it. Second is the very bottom black plastic where the fog lights are should that be done in gloss or not? It's an oryx white t6 highline
Thanks...

I glossed black it all Inc fog trims then the caravelle chrome middle grill.
Then bought the caravelle upper grill and glossed the upper (middle) chrome strip on it but the bottom and very top bonnet strip are still Chrome .

Pics dont show it well before asking.

Reactions: Kev
I glossed black it all Inc fog trims then the caravelle chrome middle grill.
Then bought the caravelle upper grill and glossed the upper (middle) chrome strip on it but the bottom and very top bonnet strip are still Chrome .

Pics dont show it well before asking.

Thanks, I think it all needs doing tbh

Hi Kev. I've been thinking the same thing recently and have come to the conclusion that I will get a caravelle grill and that it would look better with the chrome only being on the upper and lower parts of the grill and the middle bit of chrome being gloss black.

Another thing I saw the other day was an Oryx White T6 with the very bottom fog light plastic sprayed Oryx White! It changes the way the van looks.

16730136_1485013031509587_7929321684301097939_n.jpg

I'm going to be doing this gloss black on all the grills leave the chrome on the top grill as it sits nicely with the leds maybe keep vw badge chrome but blackberry background

I'm going to be doing this gloss black on all the grills leave the chrome on the top grill as it sits nicely with the leds maybe keep vw badge chrome but blackberry background

After looking at lots of pics this is what I going to do, leave the existing grill on (quite like the one chrome trim with led lights) leave trim chrome for now and if I want to can get the stick on from world of carbon.

Another question though, my black trim thatsnin 3 pieces on lower grill one side I had off the clip got stuck and broke, should I get a new one or just get body shop to stick on and gloss black all of it? Same agin if I want to I can stick a trim on it from world of carbon...

The oryx bpvan im pretty sure is Elliot's from travelinite does look,good, to many decisions, also I'm thinking if I go sportlinemfront spoiler some time and I already gloss around fogs this would look better as you do see some of the black around fogs when sportline spoiler fitted

The oryx bpvan im pretty sure is Elliot's from travelinite does look,good, to many decisions, also I'm thinking if I go sportlinemfront spoiler some time and I already gloss around fogs this would look better as you do see some of the black around fogs when sportline spoiler fitted
Unless you have a sportline you won't be able to order the front spoiler as you have to provide a vin number :( to get one, VW madness at its best!

@Kev I have a sportsline front end to go on (when i ever have time :unsure: ) The lower grill is back from paint now, i have had the vw LED drl lights as well. My combi is white so i have had the lower bar on the bottom of the sportline bumper painted black to match the other bits. Dont no why it is sliver to start with....strange. I also have the gloss black grill with chrome from vw

Last edited:
I'm looking to paint the insert (3pieces) in the lower front grille, what paint should I use?
I've been told it can't be wrapped due to being slightly textured?...

I'm looking to paint the insert (3pieces) in the lower front grille, what paint should I use?
I've been told it can't be wrapped due to being slightly textured?...
Can't see why you couldn't wrap it plenty of people on here have, if your painting use a plastic primer then whatever colour tickles you fancy ;)

Back