Gloss black door mirrors

Bav

Explore, discover, enjoy, repeat...
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I'd be surprised if it hasn't, but I couldn't find an answer via the search function.

I want to keep the mirror-caps body coloured (Pure Grey), but I'm wanting to go gloss black for the mirror-bases and those parts that attach the mirrors to the doors.

Should I be looking to get these parts painted gloss black, or should I be looking to purchase replacement parts that come as gloss black? Which option is best in terms of quality and durability?

TIA

Caravelle had gloss black bases and lower caps, so best to price those up first off.

You might want to consider the gloss black B piller trims to match. Again, another Caravelle thing.

B-pillar trims - is that where the b-pillars are blacked-out to make the window-line appear continuous from a-pillar though to d-pillar?

I've already asked the converter to black-out the b-pillar - just need to decide whether paint or wrap is the best way to achieve this. Thoughts?

I've just ordered gloss black vinyl for the B-pliiar from VeeDubs in the sale for £20!

The quality may not be up there with paint or wrapping but you can't beat that price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bav
We paint all of our mirror bodies on our vans - loads of pics in our thread.

Reactions: Bav
Back