Getting that pesky T6.1 front badge off

lambo

Industrial Designer
T6 Pro
As it says in the title. I've watched the video of some guy happily popping off the chrome badge and putting his matt black one on, I want to do the same.

Really stuggling, any tips? The gap between the badge and the bezel in the grille is very tight. It is difficult to get a tool in far enough to lever it out, how far in do you have to go? I've got some trim tools but they appear to me moulded from dogs*1t so do not offer much leverage.

Caught between wanting to wang it out with a screwdriver but then worried it still won't come and will damage the existing chrome one or I'll snap off some snap location features I may need. Also wary of damaging the surround as it is tight.

Anyone done it on a T6.1, is it different to a T6 (wouldn't have thought so)? Maybe mine is just on the tight side of tolerancing...

As it says in the title. I've watched the video of some guy happily popping off the chrome badge and putting his matt black one on, I want to do the same.

Really stuggling, any tips? The gap between the badge and the bezel in the grille is very tight. It is difficult to get a tool in far enough to lever it out, how far in do you have to go? I've got some trim tools but they appear to me moulded from dogs*1t so do not offer much leverage.

Caught between wanting to wang it out with a screwdriver but then worried it still won't come and will damage the existing chrome one or I'll snap off some snap location features I may need. Also wary of damaging the surround as it is tight.

Anyone done it on a T6.1, is it different to a T6 (wouldn't have thought so)? Maybe mine is just on the tight side of tolerancing...
Following, as I watched those videos and couldn’t get my T6 one off. Not tried my T6.1 yet but have a spare front badge to spray.

I think you need good trim tools, i've swapped mine on my 6.1 after watching a YouTube vid only took a few mins.

I also tried the ‘trim tool, around the edge’ and had the same issue. So try the pry bar, under the chrome V and W. Mine popped straight off. HTH’s

This thread does not give me much hope then!

I've had gloss black front and rear badges for about 4 months and still haven't attempted them for fear of breaking something! Haha

This thread does not give me much hope then!

I've had gloss black front and rear badges for about 4 months and still haven't attempted them for fear of breaking something! Haha
We will have to organise an easy lancs meet and see who can break it first lol.

I’ve had my front badge off a couple of times and found it very quick and easy with a trim tool. I found it better to start by inserting the trim tool under the bottom of the V and middle of the W and then gently easing the edge of the round bezel from inside the ring. Once it’s started to pop off it’s much easier to pop the rest off.

DACF2E90-4F0A-4107-9A2F-7B2EE970F35E.jpeg

I’ve had my front badge off a couple of times and found it very quick and easy with a trim tool. I found it better to start by inserting the trim tool under the bottom of the V and middle of the W and then gently easing the edge of the round bezel from inside the ring. Once it’s started to pop off it’s much easier to pop the rest off.

View attachment 122184
That technique works! It’s a bit scary because it sounds a bit terminal as the snap fits release.

thank you forum dudes
C4AF85E7-BBA4-4148-8E8C-C05CE20B4457.jpeg

Not without damaging the badge trim tool is plastic against plastic
get one at your nearest car shop or Halfords not worth the risk with screwdriver

Is it possible to do this technique without a trim tool - just a screwdriver?
It depends whether you want to keep the bits you take off. It’s in 2 parts, the gloss black backing will scratch easily. I got a set of trim tools from Amazon for a couple of quid

Did you manage it yet?

I bought a front and rear from Travellin-Lite and dont like the quality so going to send them back.

Might have to buy an OEM one and paint it.
I managed to get my silver badge off, then tried to get the new one on, but being a chappy copy it's wouldn't go on. The tabs just wouldn't locate. Then when I put my silver one back on I broke a tab on the bit that holds the badge so had to glue that! Wish I'd never tried tbh! Haha

It depends whether you want to keep the bits you take off. It’s in 2 parts, the gloss black backing will scratch easily. I got a set of trim tools from Amazon for a couple of quid
Cheers Mark - yeah, I just went out and grabbed a set of trim tools so I'll give it a crack now! Cheers mate!

Not without damaging the badge trim tool is plastic against plastic
get one at your nearest car shop or Halfords not worth the risk with screwdriver
Agree @Morris67 - not worth the risk ... I was just being lazy! I've gone out and bought a set of trim tools now and will give it a crack!

Back