Getting my head around fitting an amp / sub etc

Kingsimon2000

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So after a long drive back from Scotland I realised the stock speakers are pony. I was about to hit the button on the plug and play eton speakers then I saw a fit video to see that the t6.1 has 6.5" speakers! Well I'm up to speed now on those and those are easy to get hold of.. now the amp and break out harness is where I'm scratching my head.. I've had a chat with a few of the audio shops and they all have a ready made harness available for about 50 quid.. but this is where my question is.. I can see that this break out cable gives me the L and R input for the Amp but how do I get the speaker outs from the amp back into the loom to feed to the door speakers? Also I've been watching vidoes on how to remove the head unit in a t6.1 to be told by Skipton Radio that the main brain isnt there but behind the glove box.. its just a touch screen in the dash! any advice and or pics of this woudl be great... I'll post up a sketch on how far my knowledge goes ...

@Absolut5 will know I'm sure. Its possible that the break out looms you are looking at are not designed to provide an amplified door speaker output and are just to provide an additional supply for extra speakers.

I'm pretty sure @Absolut5 will be able to sort you out. They made and supplied a loom, amplifier and speaker package and it sounds awesome, all off the standard headunit. Admittedly I'm not running a sub but I am amping my rear speakers as well as the fronts so the principle is similar. Yes mines a 6 but it can't be too different.

So after a long drive back from Scotland I realised the stock speakers are pony. I was about to hit the button on the plug and play eton speakers then I saw a fit video to see that the t6.1 has 6.5" speakers! Well I'm up to speed now on those and those are easy to get hold of.. now the amp and break out harness is where I'm scratching my head.. I've had a chat with a few of the audio shops and they all have a ready made harness available for about 50 quid.. but this is where my question is.. I can see that this break out cable gives me the L and R input for the Amp but how do I get the speaker outs from the amp back into the loom to feed to the door speakers? Also I've been watching vidoes on how to remove the head unit in a t6.1 to be told by Skipton Radio that the main brain isnt there but behind the glove box.. its just a touch screen in the dash! any advice and or pics of this woudl be great... I'll post up a sketch on how far my knowledge goes ...
Hiya

drop me a message with what equipment you hope to use, and I can go through any other questions you may have

now regarding the headunit, Skipton are not completely correct on this, only the top Navigation unit has a separate box behind the dash, all others are like a normal headunit and the connections are behind the screen .

Back