Genuine Vw Led Interior Bulbs

Doh!...i thought i put the pic in the quote. The bulb that goes in the slider step and cab step.

Doh!...i thought i put the pic in the quote. The bulb that goes in the slider step and cab step.

My Highline has what looks like a 501 bulb, but it might be called something else in LED version, I'm not sure.

Standard van/Kombi steplights (the rectangular type) take a 501 lamp same as a sidelight lamp
Caravelle/California steplights (the oval type often with writing on) take 4 very small 286 lamps but you have to be careful with these as lots don’t fit in the lights as space is very tight, you need to avoid the circuit board type and use compact plastic ones

Can you get hold of the caravelle ones,il have some off you if you can?.

Good spot, I’ve just ordered a set for the Kombi even though the price has crept up slightly!

If it’s the front light the lens cover pulls off from nearest the windscreen, you can normally do it with your fingers

Will these capless bulbs fit in the map reading lights?. Bought the travelinlite ones and they are too thick.

Hello,just fitted a set of these,3 bulbs in front,2 in roof lights and both step lights on the twin sliders,all work fine and for £15.99 delivered can't go wrong

Hello,just fitted a set of these,3 bulbs in front,2 in roof lights and both step lights on the twin sliders,all work fine and for £15.99 delivered can't go wrong
@Martin Gibson Where did you find them for that price? They are £25 now on ebay :(

Last edited:
Don't worry I ordered them anyway! Although could be useful for others...

Hello,if you type in New Genuine VW Transporter interior light upgrade they are there for £15.99 from a seller called partsdepot_uk,sorry I've just seen your message or i couldve saved you a tenner!

Hello,if you type in New Genuine VW Transporter interior light upgrade they are there for £15.99 from a seller called partsdepot_uk,sorry I've just seen your message or i couldve saved you a tenner!
Cheers, order changed :cool:

Back