Genuine VW Front Spoiler/Splitter

Would like to see another colour other than black, don't think it's for me to be honest, open minded til I see it in the flesh tho.

Got to say £ 700 for the spoiler means I need to see one fitted before I spend the money.

I think the custom vanz spoiler looks better than the maxton copy . The maxton has too many square edges .

I have also got the red stripe for the front lip but I am waiting till Thursday when it goes in to be sign written because it's having the lower bumper strip also wrapped in red along with the lower part of the mirrors so I want to see what that looks like first.

@Rob does the red strip not come on it already then? If not, is it just a pinstripe piece of vinyl? I was about to order one but if it's just a vinyl sticker I have already got some that matches my own graphics so will not bother ordering that option. Yours looks great though, that's the V1 one right? Think I prefer that look rather than the extra 'spikey' bits at the corner of the V2.

@Rich yes it is the V1 and I choose this one after to speaking to the guy at Maxton about which they prefer because it's hard to get a real feel for it on the limited pictures available. Regarding the stripe it is just a self adhesive pin strip which requires self fitting and for a pricey sum of £8 it is so not worth it so save your money on that option.

Hi @HHO What are the side bars you have on your van. I'm looking and they seem nice.
They are genuine VW side tubes, but T5.1 ones. My T6 was delivered last December so the new T6 bars were not out then. That said, I'm really pleased with them and they appear very solid. No mubflaps on mine and clean up like new each time.

Thanks
@HHO your DRLs look nice too, bit miffed at my dealer, none of these options were described to me in August when my order went in. Looking for aftermarket now.

I've not got DRL's (yet) ;)
Side bars are dealer fit - done at PDI before delivery :thumbsup:
Genuine DRL's are coming soon according to VW - fit in lower grilles

@HHO sorry confused myself with another picture. They are availible from a particular custom van supplier but at £500 fitted and i think I've seen £300 at dealer yet to come price. eugh, for a strip of lights that look nice but hae no real cost to make....

I waiting to see what VW come up with. A few options for DRL's about now. On my list of things to do but still looking and head scratching at the moment :thumbsup:

saw a brand new Sportline in a dealers today in white
the front spoiler looked daft and flopped about when i touched it wasn't fixed well at all

xkptfl.jpg

Last edited:
Right. Seen one in the flesh today. Honest opinion - disappointed. The front profile of the T5 was chin-less and needed something so the T5 front spolier filled the void quite nicely. However, the front of the T6 is quite nice and the genuine VW front spolier detracts from that design. It looks a bit odd too at the outer edges. I'm sure we all will grow to love it in time but I'm now decided on the "less is more option" ie gloss black front splitter

View attachment 396
Just love this!

Back