Gearbox Oil Change Procedure - 2016 150PS 6 Speed

Rgkmason

VIP Member
Hello All,

Does anyone have the 2016 150PS Manual 6 Speed Gearbox Oil Change Procedure? Along with the correct oil type etc...

Plenty of info on the DSG but need the manual box.

Top tip - make sure you can undo the filler plug before you undo the drain plug. A few 911 owners have come unstuck with this one on 15/20 year old cars. A T6 is fairly new so hopefully not an issue but sage advice IMHO.

Great information guys thank you. Also a top tip with checking the filler is free before draining. That would have been an entertaining problem to solve.

has anyone finally changed the oil of the manual gearbox? T6 150cv Caravelle
Bardhal MTF is it compatible?

I changed mine last Christmas along with engine oil and all filters. I have one of the notchier gearboxes so was hoping that fresh oil would help. Unsurprisingly there was no real change to the shifting!
I bought 3 x 1 litre bottles but had to put every drop in before it reached the edge of the fill hole. On level ground too.

This is an encouraging post…I’m tempted to look at what’s involved for a DSG. What’s the best way of disposing of the old oil? (I’m assuming there are rules about that!)

I've always taken it to the tip. My local "recycling" centre in Portsmouth has always had a waste oil container so it's easy. They even keep the containers if you want so once I have decanted the old oil back into the new bottles I can just dump the whole lot there.

Ah, thanks! I’m in Hampshire and find that the “recycling centres” (what we used to call “the tip”) have become almost obtuse in their elevated fussiness!

As for social distancing the cars (every 2nd parking bay only) while the humanoids pass each other in close proximity….oh, how I chuckled at officialdom on steroids!!!

So does that mean the oil has to be carefully measured to go back in? The filler hole is usually sets the level too.
Measure what comes out in a jug, hopefully it should be near the 2.7ltrs quoted, gives you an idea of what should go back in, unless you've a leak :cool:

What is your experience with aftermarket gearbox oils? the original is G052527A2. 3xbottles for 160euro :rolleyes:

Back