Garage recommendations in Wokingham/Reading area

sangs

Hey folks,

Any recommendations for independent garages near the Wokingham & Reading area?

I've been using Marshall's Reading for the last few services (whilst my T6 was in warranty) but will be needing to do a 4 year cam belt, water pump etc change this year. Whilst I've been reasonably happy with the main dealer I've heard that the they'll charge well over £700 for the cam belt & water pump change.

So really hoping there are other local trustworthy mechanics who use genuine parts that I can go to for this and other work for my van.

Any recommendations or suggestions very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Hey folks,

Any recommendations for independent garages near the Wokingham & Reading area?

I've been using Marshall's Reading for the last few services (whilst my T6 was in warranty) but will be needing to do a 4 year cam belt, water pump etc change this year. Whilst I've been reasonably happy with the main dealer I've heard that the they'll charge well over £700 for the cam belt & water pump change.

So really hoping there are other local trustworthy mechanics who use genuine parts that I can go to for this and other work for my van.

Any recommendations or suggestions very much appreciated!

Thanks.

get yourself to The Phirm in Blackwater.
although i don't currently, i used to use them and wouldn't go anywhere else. i don't think there's any mention of vans on their website but i know for sure they work on them. all ex VW mechanics too btw :thumbsup:

Never heard of them and I only live 5 minutes away.

which one?

edit: aaaah just noticed you're in Farnborough so you mean The Phirm.
yeah they are rather! they used to be down in Hook, the other side of Hartley Witney.
good lads though, REALLY know their stuff.

get yourself to The Phirm in Blackwater.
although i don't currently, i used to use them and wouldn't go anywhere else. i don't think there's any mention of vans on their website but i know for sure they work on them. all ex VW mechanics too btw :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I called them and booked my van in :D

Back