Garage recommendation - Scotland

Brae

T6 Pro
Hi all
Van is now out of warranty and I’m looking at using another recommended garage in the Aberdeen area for servicing and repairs .
anybody on here use other garages other than Clark commercials?
Cheers

Just received a quote back from Aberdeen VW commercials for a Timing belt and water pump.
£375 for labour and £316 parts.
£691
I wanted to keep the VW history going but that just seems way over the top, or am i living in a different world where I'm out of touch with reality.
If any one knows where i can get this done cheaper with a vw stamp and genuine parts used please share.
Cheers

I had a belt done at Inverness VW Van centre on the 19th March. Including Belt Kit, Water pump, coolant and the aux alternator belt for £404.25 ex VAT. This was cheaper than the independent garages in the area.
Also had an inspection only service £64 and MOT for £29.
Pretty sure the belt was a special offer which may have ended.
Total invoice was £590.90 including VAT
Hope that helps
Oh and I got a loan van for the day. I did buy mine there last year so that helps

I had a belt done at Inverness VW Van centre on the 19th March. Including Belt Kit, Water pump, coolant and the aux alternator belt for £404.25 ex VAT. This was cheaper than the independent garages in the area.
Also had an inspection only service £64 and MOT for £29.
Pretty sure the belt was a special offer which may have ended.
Total invoice was £590.90 including VAT
Hope that helps
Oh and I got a loan van for the day. I did buy mine there last year so that helps
Ill give them a shout tomorrow. I've just mailed Dundee too to see if its just Aberdeen charging silly amounts

Hi Everyone, My T6 is due its first service, its 2018 and done 8K, I am in two minds to get it serviced at a good local garage or go down the VW route and have all the servicing done by VW just to have a complete VW service history. Any thoughts ?

Cheers

Hi Everyone, My T6 is due its first service, its 2018 and done 8K, I am in two minds to get it serviced at a good local garage or go down the VW route and have all the servicing done by VW just to have a complete VW service history. Any thoughts ?

Cheers
If the van is still in warranty I’d use the dealer ( so any updates can be added) but once out I’d go elsewhere...however some dealers are better than others ..I’ve has passed issues with Manchester and now use Liverpool...give me great service :thumbsup:

I'm using main dealer for time being whilst the van is under warranty, then after first MOT I'll probably go independent. I've found that having a good relationship with the dealer has helped me with warranty issues.

Can some one confirm what make of timing belt kit and water pump is VW factory fit?
Or a link if possible.
I'm going to get the original kit and get a local trusted garage to fit.
cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Hi Yzfr1,

Any luckon finding someone to do the job you mentioned?
Mines is on the horizon too, 2016 T30.
I wont even approach an Aberdeen 'stealer'......

cheers

Hi Yzfr1,

Any luckon finding someone to do the job you mentioned?
Mines is on the horizon too, 2016 T30.
I wont even approach an Aberdeen 'stealer'......

cheers
I was recommended to a independent guy in Oldmeldrum. He's a vag time served technician.
He done the belt, pullies, water pump and aux belt for under £450.
All OEM equipment too.
I'll pm you his business card if you like.
Very knowledgeable and approachable guy.
He even turned on my fader for my rear speakers with vdcs for free.

I was recommended to a independent guy in Oldmeldrum. He's a vag time served technician.
He done the belt, pullies, water pump and aux belt for under £450.
All OEM equipment too.
I'll pm you his business card if you like.
Very knowledgeable and approachable guy.
He even turned on my fader for my rear speakers with vdcs for free.
Hi Yzfr1,
Any chance you could share the independent in Oldmeldrum?
I’m out of warranty and looking for recommended alternatives around Aberdeen, current location Banchory area.
Thanks

+1
Is there a ‘where are you from’ thread on here, I may have missed it.

Would be nice to befriend fellow like minded transporter geeks for when mine goes tits up….

Back