Future of elevating roofs - Horizon

Martin Stockwell

VIP Member
T6 Pro
It's official. Its been launched....

1664878380868.png

This image shamelessly copied from their website encompasses 'Living the dream'

Must say I really like the look of this roof, never been a fan of the the pop top look but completely understand the need for function over form. Hopefully this will live up to the hype and sales talk

Anyone know if this roof is in any way different to the HiLo, or is this just a rebrand/rename?

@Bav

see here from @Visiontech Automotive :

+

spoiler:

Hi, Thanks for your interest.

Ill do my best to answer your questions below :

1.No, we are not Re-Launching the Hilo Roof

2.No, we are not keeping the name

3.Yes, we are doing something different, however retaining the main design elements.

4.Yes Hilo have removed themselves from the market.

1664881768485.png

@Bav

see here from @Visiontech Automotive :

+

spoiler:

Hi, Thanks for your interest.

Ill do my best to answer your questions below :

1.No, we are not Re-Launching the Hilo Roof

2.No, we are not keeping the name

3.Yes, we are doing something different, however retaining the main design elements.

4.Yes Hilo have removed themselves from the market.

View attachment 174873
Yeah, I was all over that thread :D, but I'm just wondering if they've had time to "do something different" yet, or whether that's for the future and, for now, they've just removed the HiLo name.

Yeah, I was all over that thread :D, but I'm just wondering if they've had time to "do something different" yet, or whether that's for the future and, for now, they've just removed the HiLo name.
I have been emailing them. I have specifically asked what the differences are, and have come to the conclusion its just a rebrand. Maybe anything else is for the future.

I have been emailing them. I have specifically asked what the differences are, and have come to the conclusion its just a rebrand. Maybe anything else is for the future.
Cheers Jon. Will PM you. :thumbsup:

I really wanted a HiLo and I'll probably go for one of these. I think a lot of it was down to the fitting but I've not seen anything that's not possible to sort. The only reason for not going for a hilo earlier is the poor customer care and the knowing it will need work doing even after spending £5K +

I really wanted a HiLo and I'll probably go for one of these. I think a lot of it was down to the fitting but I've not seen anything that's not possible to sort. The only reason for not going for a hilo earlier is the poor customer care and the knowing it will need work doing even after spending £5K +
I fully understand this position. That's the reason I didn't opt. Maybe my memory fails me, but I thought you got a Stealth roof?
I must admit if they could improve three headboard design I would probably go for one of these in carbon fibre rather than a fibreglass roof.

Hilo or whatever it is called now is £5.7k plus vat and that’s without things like scenic canvas. You are looking at £9k with the extras

Last edited:
Hilo or whatever it is called now is £7.5k plus vat and that’s without things like scenic canvas. You are looking at £9k plus vat with the extras
Who in their right mind would spend that?
Really can’t see them doing many when you consider the price of the alternatives.

Hilo or whatever it is called now is £7.5k plus vat and that’s without things like scenic canvas. You are looking at £9k plus vat with the extras
In June last year I put a deposit down for a camper conversion that included a LWB HiLo with all the extras: colour-coded roof, polished hinges, scenic/coloured canvas. At the time the roof was quoted at £5900 (incl. VAT), but when I came to pay for it (in Feb this year) the price had increased by £1k.

From what you're saying, the price has increased another £4k since Feb. :eek:

Glad I paid for it in Feb, even if it is sat in VTA awaiting my still-to-be-delivered factory order!

In June last year I put a deposit down for a camper conversion that included a LWB HiLo with all the extras: colour-coded roof, polished hinges, scenic/coloured canvas. At the time the roof was quoted at £5900 (incl. VAT), but when I came to pay for it (in Feb this year) the price had increased by £1k.

From what you're saying, the price has increased another £4k since Feb. :eek:

Glad I paid for it in Feb, even if it is sat in VTA awaiting my still-to-be-delivered factory order!
Those price are from last Friday

Hilo or whatever it is called now is £5.7k plus vat and that’s without things like scenic canvas. You are looking at £9k with the extras
Just to confirm the base price includes what use to be extra, so as standard you will get the higher quality grade tweed scenic canvas and polished hinges included, not extra.

Reactions: Bav
Back