Futon style matress

3crispies

Classic Vws
T6 Guru
Looks like with all whats going on in the world next year we will be camping in the UK. We normally travel abroad and camp but will be looking at making a frame/multiflex arrangement. Have anyone used a comfortable futon rollable mattress on something like this. Dont want to go rock and roll had one for years in our baywindow and even modern ones are too restrictive for us.
Any pictures of different set ups would be helpful, ours is standard Kombi set up but will remove seating in rear to travel.

The famous IKEA £99 sofa bed perhaps?

Cheap to try out, easy to sell on if it doesn't work for you.

When I need to do the bed thing for camping (when the kids stay at home) I was planning on getting a cheap ikea mattress and attacking with the electric carving knife!

When I need to do the bed thing for camping (when the kids stay at home) I was planning on getting a cheap ikea mattress and attacking with the electric carving knife!
Try this company, they have decades of experience and can supply the foam to your sizes. Maybe cheaper than Ikea.

Its great...we use an IKEA memory foam topper and it does the job perfectly. Light, quick and easy to use and cheap enough to sell on if you don't get on with it....its so versatile.

we use a proper futon mattress from these guys , its super comfortable but heavy to move about and store
maybe the trifold would have been lighter ,but as I say its super comfy

Back