Fuses Fumin’!

Vinci

Residential Surveyor
T6 Guru
2048ABE2-68CE-4E81-AD24-54D35F3FC10E.jpeg Easy enough....van in for service, along with water jet adjustment and fixing top of dash power socket. In main dealer for a day. They rang to say all done. Whilst stuck in traffic, I went to reorganise various cables, annnnd no power. Irate call to poor girl in reception, resulting in dropping in late the following afternoon. Chap comes out with probe, ends up with van back in workshop, with manager saying fuse probably under passenger swivel seat behind leisure battery. So no help as conversion effectively at fault. So went home, to discover in dark that wipers no longer worked, nor rear view camera, nor a main beam.
Next day checked handbook for fuse layout . So called VW assist, who sent a nice chap out from AA, who found the fuse for the socket and got it working, but nothing else, except for finding a blown 20amp fuse, but didn’t carry those box fuses. But the socket works.
Next day, I call VW Assist and get one of their guys out, who has it all sorted in half an hour!!!!
An independent dealer from now on, me thinks, one recommended by the VW Assist engineer.

Back