fuses and lights problem on my 2016 t6

brookster69

I have recently fitted the vw drl lighting kit to my transporter lwb kombi 180 dsg highline and wired it exactly as per the vw instructions, I also upgraded the standard yellow glow drl bulbs for some brighter ones, all seemed fine, except a couple of days later the bulb icon came up on the dashboard. I now have the rear passenger sidelight out and the front tiny passenger sidelight out, I have checked the bulb at the back and its fine, has any one got any ideas, I took the fuse board cover off inside below the gear lever and then put it back on as there is nothing to tell me which is which, just in case it is a fuse problem, has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know which fuse controls the side lights on the passenger side, thanks brookster

The fuses that deal with all exterior lighting are fuses 3/5/12/41/47 in the lower dash fusebox, if you look carefully you will see small numbers stamped by fuses in particular the first and last fuse of each row but the fuses count up from the bottom left
Left row is 1-22
Middle row is 23 - 37
Right row is 38 - 59

Check these fuses first but i suspect your vehicle will need any faults resetting and this will require a trip to your dealer or local garage/ice/mechanic that has VCDS or simialr
We have heard of a few situations now where someone has had a problem and blown a fuse and after replacing the fuse the circuit does not re energise until the fault code has been reset so its possible this may be your situation
One other thing you could try after checking fuses would be to disconnect battery and leave off for a bit for everything to power down fully then reconnect, its a long shot but can and does sometimes clear sporadic faults have used it to fix a quirky fault on mine before after i had unplugged and plugged stuff back in live and the van threw a fit

I have recently fitted the vw drl lighting kit to my transporter lwb kombi 180 dsg highline and wired it exactly as per the vw instructions, I also upgraded the standard yellow glow drl bulbs for some brighter ones, all seemed fine, except a couple of days later the bulb icon came up on the dashboard. I now have the rear passenger sidelight out and the front tiny passenger sidelight out, I have checked the bulb at the back and its fine, has any one got any ideas, I took the fuse board cover off inside below the gear lever and then put it back on as there is nothing to tell me which is which, just in case it is a fuse problem, has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know which fuse controls the side lights on the passenger side, thanks brookster
Hi There did you get an answer to this please. My van is doing exactly the same after fitting led lights

Back