Fuse Issue

evs1982

Hi all. I’m after a bit of advice. Today my bulb warning light came on and I have found my rear lights and interior lights aren’t working. I looked online and finally found a fuse box map and in any post on any forum it appeared I needed to check a 7.5 fuse....all of these were fine. I started checking all fuses and it was 5 amp fuse that was blown...i have ordered some new fuses. Could it be a wrong fuse from the previous owners should I use a 7.5 or should I replace like for like?

Yup, that's it. At least using a lower amp fuse is safer than using a higher amp fuse but it's better practice to use the correct rating so stick a 7.5 amp in there when you get chance. :thumbsup:

So in the pic it’s a 15..We have some fuses arriving today we will put in the 7.5 where the 15 is on this pic?. Sorry for maybe asking a silly question, electrics make me nervous. Thank you for your help. D79A58A6-8FE2-49B7-83C9-DB536A4F6C79.png

Different models use different ratings depending on the vans spec. Mine is a 7.5 amp in a T6 Highline 2017.
So long as you don't use a higher rated fuse it's safe.
ie. Using a 7.5 amp instead of 15 amp is safer than using a 15amp when it should be 7.5.
Maybe if you can provide your van type then someone with the same van could advise.

Problem solved eventually. Replaced the fuse with a 7.5 multiple times and it kept blowing. Turns out when installing the new Vanshades we clipped a cable for the interior lights. All fixed, new fuse in. Holiday at the weekend is a go!!!!

Back