Fuse Help

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security' started by Kev23, 15 Aug 2019.

1. Kev23

Kev23 Member T6 Pro

Map
    ok, couple of questions which I’ll try to limit the confusion. I was fitting a Nextbase 312 to the van, decided I wanted to hardwire so purchased the next base hardwire kit, which came with a piggy back fuse holder, looking online it says to connect to rear wiper fuse. Tried this but the camera stays on even when ignition off. here lies a couple of issue

1 - Anyone fitted these, by hardwire?
    2 - is the cig socket always live?
    3 - Where is the best place to connect to so the camera comes on and off with the ignition?
    4 - I tried a few fuses but think I’ve misplaced couple as now my left indicator is not working and they don’t flash on lock/unlock

Below is couple pics of fuse box, anyone know if any are out of place? Or post a photo of your fuse box ?

ED3A6645-F564-454C-BA9E-98223181F7EB.jpeg

564744F3-9C46-4AD7-AD4B-1D1514712092.jpeg

F088E72B-3AB0-47AA-A0F6-769C6F9050C9.jpeg

2. Oldrat

Oldrat Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I fitted the same kit to mine, it went in easily.
    I’m away from home at the mo so can’t check which fuse I piggybacked from or take a pic.

Lesson learned- take a photograph before you do any work just in case.

Just looked- plenty of pics on google, just search images for T6 fuse box

Good luck

3. Dellmassive

Dellmassive 204 T32 DSG LWB SPORTLINE PV MY18 VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    1 - Yes - but different DC
    2 - Yes (but 2nd may be fed from a leisure battery if you have one)
    3 - Center line of fuses are mostly +IGN switched (try a higher up the fuse line)
    4 - Have a look at the link below which shows my fuse layout (might be similar)(if not ask some users for a pic of fusebox to compare)

Barn Door Reversing Camera Retrofit -- How I Done It --

and more info here >

Installing 12v Socket /s - How Its Done -
    12v Igntn Feed + 5xusb Charging From Ign Feed - Today's Install
    12v Aux Feed + 5xusb Charging From Aux Battery - Today's Install
    and here >

Fuse Card

T6 Fuse Layout SC,SD,SF (NON-CALI)

Downloads | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

4. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    3. they may stay alive until you remove the key.
    4. Also, look into the fuse socket and if you can see contacts on both sides it should have a fuse in it.

5. casduncs88

casduncs88 New Member

Map
    Hi, new to this forum but wanted to ask, if anyone knows where I can buy a cover for the fuse box under the glove box to the right? Sorry to jump on this thread but didn't really know where to go.

Tags: