Funny Smell In A Converted Van

Stephen Hover

T6 Pro
Hi, I have a 2016 converted panel van and notice a funny smell when getting into it first thing. I have checked the gas conectors on stove etc and all would appear in order.

I have also had the air con serviced just recently with its first MOT.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

Glue fumes? general smell of fresh plastics and rubber? There are all sorts going on in a conversion. It's hard to narrow down without more of a description.

Glue fumes? general smell of fresh plastics and rubber? There are all sorts going on in a conversion. It's hard to narrow down without more of a description.

Hi thanks. It’s not a glue smell but it is fumy. I can also say it seems to go once you have started Travelling?

Hi thanks. It’s not a glue smell but it is fumy. I can also say it seems to go once you have started Travelling?

I suspect that you actually just become accustomed to the smell but it is still there. Maybe ask someone else if they can smell it once you can not?

My money is on glue from the lining.

Is it a fibreglass sort of smell?

I get the occasional waft of it from my roof. It's not constant, just seems to rise and fall throughout my journey. I actually quite like the smell of fibreglass so it's not an issue but, it does smell really strongly at times and I could imagine others would have a problem with it.

If you’ve had your night-heater going, then you may have just warmed up some oversprayed glue..

Disconnect and remove gas cylinder from vehicle. If smell persists then not critical. If smell disappears, then get someone to check gas installation.

Back