Fumes in cab

Mick . Smith 2

Hi All on T6 Forum,
I have T6 euro 5 engined 102, Kombi, 15 k miles,
I'm having an issue with fumes of some description getting into the cab, Nothing you can see, but we get sore eyes, sore throat, tingling sensation in your nose, etc, been back to main dealers twice, they can't find any thing wrong, I'm getting a little frustrated with the issue, which I can't seem to resolve,
I realise these type of problems are difficult to diagnose and fix.
Anybody on here had any similar issues or could recommend my next step ? Thinking of some independent inspection/ testing VOSA
All advice greatly appreciated

Mick

Mick......first thing I'd do is go buy a carbon monoxide detector......ya just never know? Is anyone getting headaches?

Sorry if I'm appearing to insult your intelligence mate.....not my intention.......no doubt you'll have thought of this, but is there a pattern to it.....does it coincide with a regen?

Hi Dave,
Many thanks for your reply,

Yes I've tried the house co2 detector,
Doesn't pick anything up,
Also can't really say there is any pattern to it, apart from, the longer the journey the worse it affects you, so seems like there is a residual infiltration into the cab from somewhere,
I'm hoping to get it on a ramp at work, and spend some time with a fine tooth comb.
Thanks again
Mick

Hmmmmmm? Aircon......yeh, there's a thought?
Sorry for the late reply chaps,
Air con doesn't seem to affect it,
I have made something of a discovery though, put a higher grade of diesel in on Saturday, as opposed to whatever's cheapest, and this does seem to have made things a lot better !

Sorry for the late reply chaps,
Air con doesn't seem to affect it,
I have made something of a discovery though, put a higher grade of diesel in on Saturday, as opposed to whatever's cheapest, and this does seem to have made things a lot better !
well that's great Mick........don't quite see the connection but great news all the same. For info, I've never put anything but shell optimax diesel in mine......I can only hope it's a higher quality fuel but it makes me feel better. Sister in law had a brand new golf a few years back......ran like a dog......only ever short journeys, cold starts etc. I told her to try optimax........instant improvement. They got rid of it because her partner didn't want to use anything other than supermarket diesel.

Back