Fuel tank drop and adblue

Owain

T6 Pro
Finally got empty tank and want to drop to attach heater fuel line.

Just about to loosen tank straps, but must i do anything special with adblue, or will inlet just wiggle past?

Hoping so.

IMG_20200613_123843514.jpg

Finally got empty tank and want to drop to attach heater fuel line.

Just about to loosen tank straps, but must i do anything special with adblue, or will inlet just wiggle past?

Hoping so.

View attachment 73744
I doubt the tank neck will drop far enough without taking the adblue nuts off. I took off the 2 nuts which allows you to lift it off the pegs and out of the way. This then allowed the Diesel neck to move down enough without catching to lower the tank so that i could work above the diesel tank.
I did however, have the rear of the van up on ramps which gave me plenty of room to work.

In the end after much cursing from Mechanics helper (trouble and strife), i undid THE nuts, and after learning what a SCR system was i disconnected adblue tank, pulled adblue filler out the way....
Wammmm bammmm thankyou mammmm.

The old RTFM worked again.

Took most of day, but tank connected up, running and heater plumbed in.

Even though fuel gauge said 80 miles in tank, not an easy job. But next time easier.

Just about to drop the tank and took off the plastic covers and struggled to uncli the fuel lines, how do they come apart? Pic attached not my van but these ar the lines i am trying to disconnect. thanks

fuel line.jpg

I didn’t disconnect any lines like most people. Why would you? Read the threads / posts on here.

I didn’t disconnect any lines like most people. Why would you? Read the threads / posts on here.
Same as @Wills I only disconnected the 2 Blue lines on my T6.1. They both had button press and pulled apart. The tank should drop to the floor without disconnection of those other lines. Plenty of info on here about fuel tank drop....make sure you support the tank as it lowers though.

Same as @Wills I only disconnected the 2 Blue lines on my T6.1. They both had button press and pulled apart. The tank should drop to the floor without disconnection of those other lines. Plenty of info on here about fuel tank drop....make sure you support the tank as it lowers though.
I’ve watched a few videos if you want the tank clear of the van to make it easier to unscrew the unit then the blue and black (in the picture) need to be disconnected.

Thanks, it is just the blue and black lines in the pic I need to unclip to free the tank and drop. so the button press makes sense.

I’ve watched a few videos if you want the tank clear of the van to make it easier to unscrew the unit then the blue and black (in the picture) need to be disconnected.
Yes those 2 should have little push buttons on them. Press them and then pull the lines apart.
Thanks, it is just the blue and black lines in the pic I need to unclip to free the tank and drop. so the button press makes sense.
Yes, apologies, it was a blue and black line i disconnected. They should have the button press. Just push in and pull the lines apart.

Back