Fuel Stoves

@T6 Dave : do you know paraffins technical name? trying to find that in switzerland but my colleagues have never heard of it.. is it kerosene?

got an old trangia that i'd like to convert to multifuel!

Here's a link,

Kerosene - Wikipedia

Also look under paraffin in same place..

Also known as cooking on Kerry... :thumbsup: Could use lamp or heater oil in France as well.. U.K. Just calls it paraffin.. Same stuff different names.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@T6 Dave : do you know paraffins technical name? trying to find that in switzerland but my colleagues have never heard of it.. is it kerosene?

got an old trangia that i'd like to convert to multifuel!
Old military (army) slang for jet aircraft (air force) is "paraffin pigeons" and yes, it is derogatory :rofl::whistle::whistle:

To make a brew and warm things up I have been using a standard gaz butane set up with the single burned on top of the cannister Very simple. I was thinking about getting a 12v kettle for a brew and one of those 12v handheld element heaters for maybe sticking into a can of soup or beans and heating them up that way. But now i just take a flask where possible, and/or just drink orange juice or water, and I actually think canned food tastes best cold from the tin, with bread dipped in for a treat. My point is that i have gone down the road of not needing a stove at all. But there are times when a brew is needed, so I will keep the gaz burner for those occassions which are kept to a minimum.

Back