Fuel gauge and engine defective after refill

Boug

Hi everyone, hope you can help please. I have a 2016 t6 caravelle and filled her up with diesel this evening along with 8 litres of ad blue as the dash was telling me to fill up a max of 9.5ltr of ad blue. Put the diesel in where the diesel is to go and also the ad blue where the ad blue is to go (didn’t fill up the diesel with Adblue)I drove 400 mètres on after my fuel gauge initially said 3/4s full it then cut out and was not registering any diesel on the gauge and was telling me on my sat back that I was almost out of diesel and where to search for the nearest garages. My t6 would restart as if there was no diesel in it. Very strange.

What is your fuel gauge saying now ?
Are you saying your van won’t start - not 100% clear from the above.

Pete

What is the adblue display saying now (photo)

Sorry if it’s not clear. Yes my van won’t start now, it’s as if there’s no fuel in the tank but I know there is for sure as I just filled it to 3/4 full. It just cut out as if there was no diesel and now won’t start and the fuel gauge needle doesn’t move or read there is any diesel in it when I turn the ignition. It also warns me on my sat nav that I have no fuel and is asking me to find the nearest fuel station.

What is the adblue display saying now (photo)
It’s saying I need to fill that up also. It hasn’t registered I have filled it up.

How does your satnav know you have no fuel?
No idea. It’s really strange as I needing to fill up so it was on there before I went to the garage. Once I left the garage my fuel gauge was reading 3/4 full and after I drove 400m it broke down and said I had no fuel and the fuel gauge was at empty. It’s very strange

I would disconnect the battery and touch the leads together to discharge the whole system and the reconnect, turn on the ignition and wait 1 minute before cranking it over.

I would disconnect the battery and touch the leads together to discharge the whole system and the reconnect, turn on the ignition and wait 1 minute before cranking it over.
Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated. I will give this a go this morning and let you know how I get on.

So tried that and nothing so called the Swiss AA as I’m living in Switzerland. Said it could be one of 3 problems and it’s not easy to translate from French but it could be either the engine calculator is locked. Valley sensor EGR or liaison can bus with the combined instrument. Not sure if that makes any sense. Any way it’s off to vw to get fixed. Just hope it’s not a big job. Thanks for your help

Sorry if it’s not clear. Yes my van won’t start now, it’s as if there’s no fuel in the tank but I know there is for sure as I just filled it to 3/4 full. It just cut out as if there was no diesel and now won’t start and the fuel gauge needle doesn’t move or read there is any diesel in it when I turn the ignition. It also warns me on my sat nav that I have no fuel and is asking me to find the nearest fuel station.

It’s saying I need to fill that up also. It hasn’t registered I have filled it up.
Hmmm.... fuel level sensor and fuel lift pump are a combined unit.

How does your satnav know you have no fuel?
there is a setting in the factory nav that can be set to display fuel stations on the map when the sat nav sees the low fuel light illuminated.

Reactions: Loz
Back