Fuel Filter replacement

rover220

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Does anyone know what the correct service interval for this is.

Secondly, how does one replace without taking to vw?

Cheers

attached

Attachments

• Service_scedule_additional.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: mmi
“Fuel filter - drain water” is mentioned in the service schedule. It seems to imply that its possible to drain water/sediment from the filter, which i'd like to do in between filter changes.
But, there is no drain on the bottom of the filter. Any idea's on how it is done?

According to the workshop maintenance manual there is no mention of drain water, only replace fuel filter and bleed fuel system afterwards.

Hi, Please could anyone help me, I would like to change the fuel filter on my Euro 6 150psi engine... is there a procedure on here giving step by step instructions including priming and bleeding ??
Many Thanks Paul

... I did this job today .... you have to remove the two parker screws that hold the antifreeze liquid tank, detach the tube on the left side and the one on the right, move the tank inwards and then on the left .. no need remove the electrical connection .. you are ready a wooden conical cap or a bolt to be inserted into the tube on the left to prevent the liquid from leaking .... you have to loosen and remove the bolt that tightens the band around the filter .... i damned have put the bolt towards the inside ... then remove the two pipes of diesel fuel from the filter, with an arched pincer tighten the connector and pull up ... take the filter up, it 's difficult because the filter hits against the tank of the brake fluid, but it succeeds ..... then everything is back with greater ease ...
regards

... nothing ... put the filter .. turned on the engine .. after a couple of laps

the workshop manual shows unnecessary operations (complete removal of the antifreeze pan), you can do it much more easily ... when you do you realize ... bye

Alter Thanks
What procedure did you use to bleed / prime the system with fuel ?

You can use VCDS to prime the new filter with the tank lifting pump....

Tho as above if you don't loose to much derv out the flow and return lines then bleeding not necessary.

Hi Everyone, hope you all well :)

Just joined the forum, love the transporter too as we all do lol

I have a leighton converted t6 in blackberry with q7 20" satin grey wheels and i absolutely love it

Its just coming onto 20k miles so giving her a full service inc the fuel filter

I have joined and paid as a VIP to get the guides, great help thank you :)

Im just a little confused with the bleeding of the t6 after fitting a fuel filter?

I dont have a vag com diagnostics to run my pump so can I just do it the old fashioned way...

Fill the new filter to the brim with fresh diesel, then 5-10 ignitions on and off to pressure up the system then start it and if it cuts just crank over until it fires up???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys otherwise I have to spend £225 on a vagcom

Thanks again all

Regards, Peter

@Peter007 Some owners report the fuel lift pump operating when the drivers door is unlocked and ignition is switched on, others don’t.
You could try this, repeat the process a few times.
As you state it should start cranking with a primed filter. Just make sure the HP fuel pump isn’t dry.
I’m considering installing a 12v connection to allow the lift pump to be run independently from the battery.
Have a read of this thread.
Does the lift pump operate with unlocking and opening the drivers door? Could this be used to prime the fuel system, it would probably take several goes?

I changed the fuel filter on my skoda superb TDI and just started it - it ran fine and no hic-ups when I restarted it.

Thanks for the replys, appreciated

Yes I have read that sometimes you can be lucky and other not with it

I am just so worried about getting air in and not being able to restart then having to buy the vagcom kit anyway to prime the pump for 3 minutes...

Someone on here must of changed the t6 fuel filter the old fashioned way lol???

Thanks Pauly

Yes I have downloaded and printed it but it doesnt have anything about the bleeding procedure sadly :-(

I just curious to find some who has bleed a T6 the old fashioned way without using the vagcom to prime the pump to see if its possible or I have to buy the £225 vagcom kit???

If you are just replacing the fuel filter, it should refill/prime as soon as you turn on the ignition before starting. You can cycle the ignition a few time to be sure.

Back