Frontier stove

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've just discovered these Frontier Stove: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors and I really fancy the idea. I know anything like this is fine on European/Nordic sites as I've seen many weird and wonderful setups there, but what about the UK, has anyone got or used something like this? What's the attitude of sites here? Are they ok with them? Do other campers complain?

I've just discovered these Frontier Stove: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors and I really fancy the idea. I know anything like this is fine on European/Nordic sites as I've seen many weird and wonderful setups there, but what about the UK, has anyone got or used something like this? What's the attitude of sites here? Are they ok with them? Do other campers complain?
We have seen a few on sites with people using in Tentipi and similar tents. I think most sites that are OK with barbecues and/or above ground fires would be OK with these. Probably not OK on most club sites though!

Would go well with a Glawning!

Thanks, their link to list of sites they've used doesn't work though

I wouldn't want the glawning though, I'm about to sell my awning because I'm not using it and that looks more complicated and bulky than a Vango air one

I wouldn't want the glawning though, I'm about to sell my awning because I'm not using it and that looks more complicated and bulky than a Vango air one
I think they look great on the older vans but not sure about a T6.

Where would you use the stove?

I think they look great on the older vans but not sure about a T6.

Where would you use the stove?
Outside the van when the weather was decent. TBH I think I probably like the idea of it more than the likely reality, I know a gas stove is far more practical. I just think it would be nice to sit around in the evening with a pot on the stove.

Back