GordyT6

Refrigeration Install Engineer
T6 Pro
Looking at swapping front speakers. Without stripping door first does anyone know what sizes I need to be looking at? Also any recommendations? Ta peeps

Hi @GordyT6 ,
You'll get 6" in the doors but I suggest to make or buy some MDF speaker mounts and bin the plastic ones .
What will make the most differance is that you sound deaden the internal door scins and door cards .
Would upload some pics of my builds but can't seem to add any photos yet .

If your going to buy or make your own MDF spacers, then you can go to 8". I used the Rainbow 8.2 recommended by Absolut.
I mounted the tweeters on the A pillars. Sounds awesome.

I then got a bit addicted adding 2 Amps, A sound processor, rear roof mounted speakers and a 10" sub!

Yer Peec that's what I'm aiming at eventually. Lol I'll look at the 8" rainbows ta pal

I am going for the discovery sat nav head unit with 4 speakers on my Kombi. Is there any way additional speakers or maybe an amp with a sub could be added to this system?

Yes CRD. Nearly all amps and signal processors can take high level inputs (the actual speaker outputs from the Discovery Head Unit become the inputs for the amp / signal processor.

I have the speaker outputs from the headunit going into a signal processor under the passenger seat, the outputs from the signal processor go into a four channel amp and a mono amp. The four channel amp feeds the 8" rainbows in the front doors (and the tweeters via a crossover) and the rear speakers in the roof. The mono amp feeds the 10" Sub in an enclosure under the drivers seat.

I spend a lot of time driving my Kombi, it's the place where I listen to the most music. It's now the place where I've go the best sound!

I also sound deadened most of the van on advice from the many experts on the forums.

Reactions: CRD
Yes CRD. Nearly all amps and signal processors can take high level inputs (the actual speaker outputs from the Discovery Head Unit become the inputs for the amp / signal processor.

I have the speaker outputs from the headunit going into a signal processor under the passenger seat, the outputs from the signal processor go into a four channel amp and a mono amp. The four channel amp feeds the 8" rainbows in the front doors (and the tweeters via a crossover) and the rear speakers in the roof. The mono amp feeds the 10" Sub in an enclosure under the drivers seat.

I spend a lot of time driving my Kombi, it's the place where I listen to the most music. It's now the place where I've go the best sound!

I also sound deadened most of the van on advice from the many experts on the forums.
I last had a custom ICE system about 20 years ago. Was an Alpine head unit to 2 x 4 channel Alpine amps. No signal processors back then (well, not in my set up at least). Instead, you used 'pre-out' outputs from the head unit direct to the amp.
My system was so over-bassed with 2 x Bazooka tubes, I genuinely think my tinnitus I have now is down to all those hours listening to dance music in my 205GTi! :D

Yep the ringing in my ears I put down to two 12 inch sun's in a fiesta xr2i. Lol

Reactions: CRD
I'm fairly happy with the system in the van (we get 8 speakers) so will leave it but I transformed the sound in the Subaru just with decent speakers. The OEM ones were a comedy joke so whipped them out, stuck in JL Audio 6" component speakers, bought a good sound deadening kit and hey presto, much better sound.

image.jpeg Rainbow 8.2 kit is great for the T6, 8" door woofers and tweeter for the pillar... Can run off standard unit or upgraded...

Fit them with our cnc wooden collars and Dynamat or similar product..

Can you give me a delivered quote for this kit and dynamat please
Thanks

I find the standard head unit speakers ok for listening to radio 4, but it really isn't up to much for anything else. Has anyone upgraded the head unit, speakers and placed sub under the rear bench seat?

Any help to what direction to go in would be of great help guys

A decent component set up front with an amp should be sufficient for most. If bass is your thing add a sub to a 4 channel amp and bridge two of the channels.

Back