If you have electric mirrors its easier to lift the mirror controls switches up out of the door card and unplug before you remove the door card itself (pink arrow in picture).
Door card has a couple half turn plastic lugs under the bottom compartment (kneel down and look up under door card you will see them, blue and yellow arrow pointing up)
There are three (i think) concealed clip down each side of the door (yellow arrows pointing in but arrow are approximate places) and the upper edge is hooked over the top of the door so you need to swing the bottom out until all clips are out then lift the door card up and away

View attachment 2224
tks Pauly

I removed the door card yesterday for a look. Obviously one of the clips did not release from the door body and pulled through the card damaging the plastic (there's always one). Something to note if you do plan on swapping the speakers is that the originals are pop-rivetted in place and will need drilled out.

TKS polzylad , i really do not want to start changing the speakers in the doors , as there is a lot of work involved , but i do not mind changing the tweeters in the pillers and also changing the speakers in the real tail door , also i could sound deaden the trail door also , may i ask what tweeters could i get to replace the ones that are there ,, OR REALLY would i need to do the doors also to be any good ! tks
Rainbow 8.2 speakers it would seem offer an reasonable upgrade route. (Both mids and tweeters); you will also need to sound deaden ideally, and locate the separate cross-overs, and fit good quality collars. You will also need to re-cable, as all sensible upgrade routes I think will use stand alone cross-overs, as opposed to the oem solution which takes the same signal to both the mids and tweeters (as I understand it)
If you don't feel confident, it is not too expensive to get a good ICE installer to do it, and by the time you've added up all the costs, I think it is good value. If you want to DIY, jason at absolut5/6 will sell you all the bits you need in a package, and talk you through it.

Did my Subaru front speakers and the door cards were an absolute sod to get off. And the windows catch slightly when right down (new speakers are much deeper)! But the improvement is massive.

Happy with our Cali system; not exactly epic but good enough to not need an emergency upgrade; I think the rear speakers help.

Did my Subaru front speakers and the door cards were an absolute sod to get off. And the windows catch slightly when right down (new speakers are much deeper)! But the improvement is massive.

Happy with our Cali system; not exactly epic but good enough to not need an emergency upgrade; I think the rear speakers help.
Only had our 500w jl amp, subwoofer & component upgrades in for a couple of days, but i must admit, I am like a kid with a new toy. Just doing a playlist of tracks that really make the subwoofer bang. Must be a mid life crisis or recapturing the spirit of a 17 year old, but now with a bit more cash to splash. Anyway got to go, I'm off to Asda carpark to hang out with my new crew:cool::cool::cool:, and taking my 1980's Grandmaster flash, Melle Mel & the Furious 5 tracks with me.

Not quite the same but I recently got a B&O Beolit 15 portable BT speaker and the sound is incredible; like having a decent hifi that you can easily move. Battery lasts ages too and it's 240 watts; if you want portable good sounds I highly recommend them!

Not quite the same but I recently got a B&O Beolit 15 portable BT speaker and the sound is incredible; like having a decent hifi that you can easily move. Battery lasts ages too and it's 240 watts; if you want portable good sounds I highly recommend them!
Never heard one, but fab reviews on amazon. We have a £100 Bose, but charge is lost very quickly; sounds good; but couldn't get close to the B&O.
Might go on my wish list.:)

Only had our 500w jl amp, subwoofer & component upgrades in for a couple of days, but i must admit, I am like a kid with a new toy. Just doing a playlist of tracks that really make the subwoofer bang. Must be a mid life crisis or recapturing the spirit of a 17 year old, but now with a bit more cash to splash. Anyway got to go, I'm off to Asda carpark to hang out with my new crew:cool::cool::cool:, and taking my 1980's Grandmaster flash, Melle Mel & the Furious 5 tracks with me.

I am the same when I drive the wife's Audi. It's got a full B&O setup with sub in the spare wheel and as soon as tune comes on up goes the volume. I just wish I could get the van to sound like it without needed to sell the wife herself (she is needed for reasons).

You definitely need to change the door speakers...

We high;y recommend the Rainbow 8.2 8" door woofers and tweeters for the pillars...

Use our CNC wooden collars and sound deaden the inner door skins and door plastics, will make the biggest difference...

I advise you not to bother just changing tweeters and rears...

Sound deadening and insulating my van is my Christmas holiday project. Can anyone point me at instructions or a video on how to take the door trims off the T6?

Reactions: HHO
Last few posts on this. Firstly, for those who haven’t tackled the trim panels yet a few pointers –

Door cards. Remove the window/mirror switch by lifting at the front to pivot up and unhook at the rear. Unplug. Remove the handle face trim to remove the top two screws, then one in the centre of the panel. At the base, there are two quarter turn catches (in my defence it was poor light when I tried to unscrew them :oops:) Then start at the base and work around the edges to pull out the trim clips. Lift up to release the top watching where the trim between the top edge of the card and the door goes.

Between the two doors I had to replace three trim clips so either trust to luck or find some of these on eBay before you start

This gives you an idea, only thing i would add is that if you are going to go inside door cavity (which is a massive PITA) then reconnect the window switch after removing door card and drop the window a bit as you need to move the window during the process

Reactions: HHO
Order a few of these too. Half a dozen behind each door trim and one or two will break - guaranteed!

IMG_1516.JPG

Sound deadening and insulating my van is my Christmas holiday project. Can anyone point me at instructions or a video on how to take the door trims off the T6?

Use a plastic trim tool, carefully prise the handle cover upwards and outwards.

Then there is a torx screw half way down the door card, remove this

Now get on your knees and look at the very bottom of the door card, using a 10mm spanner turn the plastic fixings90 degrees, they will line up...

This is the slightly brutal part... put your leg against the panel to hold door open. using the tips of your fingers, you may need the trim tool again get your fingers behind the panel, (lower front edge towards hinges) and tug quickly... this will then shock the clips to popping off.... just pulling it will result in clip breaking or clip holder bending.. then do this for all the other clips...

Passenger side will be plug for window switch, and a cable for the handle, easy to remove

Drivers side is a little involved, as you need to remove switches first... using your trim tool start at the front of the switch... remove wires and then follow the above....there is also a LED to unplug...

Use a plastic trim tool, carefully prise the handle cover upwards and outwards.

Then there is a torx screw half way down the door card, remove this

Now get on your knees and look at the very bottom of the door card, using a 10mm spanner turn the plastic fixings90 degrees, they will line up...

This is the slightly brutal part... put your leg against the panel to hold door open. using the tips of your fingers, you may need the trim tool again get your fingers behind the panel, (lower front edge towards hinges) and tug quickly... this will then shock the clips to popping off.... just pulling it will result in clip breaking or clip holder bending.. then do this for all the other clips...

Passenger side will be plug for window switch, and a cable for the handle, easy to remove

Drivers side is a little involved, as you need to remove switches first... using your trim tool start at the front of the switch... remove wires and then follow the above....there is also a LED to unplug...

Back