Front side light and rear tail light (drivers side) both not working! [resolved]

jespy

Hi all,

Just bought a 2016 T6 converted camper (startline panel van) today and got an electrical gremlin.

Driver's side tail light and side light both out - both replaced and nada.

Are these controlled with a single fuse? Apparently this used to be fuse SB20 on older transporters but god knows about the T6!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: BCM Fault. Had local auto-electrician out. Confirmed BCM fault. I will be replacing the unit to fit cruise at some point so he is repairing for now.

Good to hear you made some progress, missed this thread on the weekend or i would have responded
They are not fed from a single fuse in fact they are on separate fuses and grouped with other items so would have eliminated that

Very unusual for a BCM to go faulty with no provocation !
Any non standard lamps fitted in those lights ?
Have you done or had any work done lately ?
Any water leaks anywhere that could have affected it ?

Good to hear you made some progress, missed this thread on the weekend or i would have responded
They are not fed from a single fuse in fact they are on separate fuses and grouped with other items so would have eliminated that

Very unusual for a BCM to go faulty with no provocation !
Any non standard lamps fitted in those lights ?
Have you done or had any work done lately ?
Any water leaks anywhere that could have affected it ?

All standard filament bulbs in! There was a rather dead look side-light in the driver's side headlight. Wondering if that blowing could affect things back up the chain? I did notice a fault code for a voltage spike on the system!

Literally picked up the van Saturday from a dealer!

Back