Front sensors are annoying

Daffy21

Hi all
I've just had front sensors fitted to my t6 startline camper. I was very excited to get them installed, only now to find out, they are a pain in the ass.
They are set to come on if the van is going under 7mph. If I find myself in a que of traffic, if their is a car beside me the damn beeper goes off. Generally the sensors are ok at the very from as I can adjust my distance. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I have spoken to the guy who fitted them and he has said he can fit a switch so they can be turned on or off when needed, but the switch can't be connected to one of those black square switches (like the warning lights, etc). Is that true?
Any advice would be helpful !!

I would be looking at fitting the oem switch in the bottom l/h blank in the dash panel if i were you

Sounds to me that the install was not quite as it ought to be. My front sensors are automatically activated by selecting reverse gear or manually activated when I use the switch on the dash

Reactions: DXX
Not sounding a bit thick but why would you want the front sensors to come on when your in reverse? Or do you mean that it activates a timer or something on the front sensors?
I have had a Canbus module for front sensors fitted.. ..

Not sounding a bit thick but why would you want the front sensors to come on when your in reverse? Or do you mean that it activates a timer or something on the front sensors?
I like mine to come on as when you are turning whilst reversing it is nice to know that the front is nearing an obstacle - you tend to concentrate on behind you when reversing.

Front and rear sensors come on together automatically when I select reverse gear. Reminds me that I have a hedge when I’m reversing onto my drive!

Not sure if this information clarrifys anything16208407236278107939834315595187.jpg
I would be looking at fitting the oem switch in the bottom l/h blank in the dash panel if i were you
Would that be anymore work than connecting to a totally separate stand alone switch?

Mine come on when I put it in reverse but stay on if you go into first until you get above a certain speed I think
Handy for manoeuvring parallel parking etc

It’s an aftermarket kit so there’s no telling how it’s setup or what the options are I’m afraid, think your going to be led by your installer on this one unless someone on here has fitted the same kit ?

I’ve got a brand new 6.1 Highline and the sensors come on at low speeds without selecting reverse. It can be a bit annoying but i have the switch to turn them off.

Back