Depron Donkey

140 DSG Kombi Red, 150 DSG Kombi Bamboo Green
VCDS User
T6 Pro
I have rear park and camera and want to add fronts.
I know I have to replace my 4k PDC controller for an 8k one (5C5919475) and also need another bleeper.
Anyone know if this loom (Kufatec) will reach the replaced PDC controller or is an extention required?
Also if I fit fronts do I need to fit the on/off switch on the dash, not bothered about turning them off.
pdc.png

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a (relatively) new forum member who has used the search function :somersault: rejoice!

I have searched the forum and found that thread; unfortunately nothing there about this loom. Thanks for the lead though.

But in all seriousness mate, well done, and sorry - I don’t know the answer to your query.
But in the thread I linked is a member who is looking to remove their front PDC, which could work out well for you.

That picture looks like only the front half of the loom you need ie it looks like the bumper loom, you would need the other half that runs from the bumper to the dash

Buying it in component form is prob not the cheapest way of doing it you may be better off buying a complete kit that’s ready to fit (unless you already have some parts)

Thank you!!
It is easy just to ask a question but the search function is a marvellous thing.
It amazes me the amount of people that post items for sale and the add before is someone wanting one!

The front park assist is really simple and have downloaded the wiring diagram from the download section.
The items are available separately on eBay and can have a set of fronts for less than £100 will just have to be creative with the fitting as the genuine lower grilles are quite expensive.

Thanks Pauly but have never seen an extension advertised even on the usual retrofit sites. This loom, some sensors, a 8k controller from eBay and some creative mounting will see a set fitted for less than £100.
Do you know if it needs the on/off switch?

Not sure if the control module ‘looks’ for it but doubt it can see it as it’s just a momentary switch at the end of the day (albeit a posh illuminated one) so you could prob use a generic push switch if you wanted to make something work to give you manual control

The front half of the loom is the trickiest parts as the four -ve and +ve feeds for the sensors are joined inside it, the other half of the loom is just six wires straight through to the control module so is much easier to replicate with no soldering

I think as it is sold as a retrofit loom it may well be long enough, I’ll check with them In the morning.
Another question if I can, I want to use a few empty fuse positions in the loom under the seat. Are the inserts available anywhere?

Can anyone give me the changes I need to make in VCDS to make it all work.
Hopefully someone will have the instructions from a retrofit set.
I am buying the front sensors, 8K unit, button and some wiring from
@ROMANY TAMPIN
(Removed from a 2018, fitting to a 2018).
My van currently has rear PDC and rear camera.
TIA.

Anyone know the best place to get some retrofit looms to fit the front PDC?
I have everything except the cable from the 8K to the dash switch and the cable from 8K to sensor loom.Kabelsatz-Park-Pilot-Steuergeraet-Front-VW-T5-ab-2010-38665.jpg

Really, I replied in the week and told you I was too busy to look at it for a few weeks but would help you modify an aftermarket loom yourself.
Wouldn’t call that not replying !

The issue here is that aftermarket looms are not the same as factory looms so while there’s a ten pin plug on the bumper loom any bought aftermarket loom will only have a six pin plug on it as that’s all that is required for the sensor wiring

Sorry Pauly, we must be at cross purposes. I said I only have the 6 wires and the retrofit loom will do. I don't need anything special looking into which I thought was what you said was going to take time.
Apologies if we have misunderstood each other, please send prices for that and the dash switch cable and the plastic 6pin plug for the end of my sensor loom if possible.

Back