Front parking sensors

You could get the OE parking sensor button, it incorporates illumination (red then yellow when activated) but would need the plug etc and it has tiny pins on it ??

Thanks for the info. The switch will probably cost a pretty penny but a lot cheaper than buying the VW front parking kit.

For button and connector as pictured below with six flyleads crimped on/connected to plug or six crimps supplied loose for you to connect onto your own wiring £38 + delivery
The one pictured is part of a parking sensor kit so it wouldnt come with the loom you see

IMG_4025.JPG IMG_4026.JPG IMG_4027.JPG IMG_4028.JPG

@Pauly contemplating buying the front sensor kit from the store, how difficult is it to fit? Do you have instructions on how to do it?

Also does it require any coding to activate them?

Thanks very much

Hi @hwd612 , its no five minute job but it is achievable if you are happy/confident taking things to bits, it doesnt require coding as the kit comes with a replacement control module that is already 'coded' for the additional sensors/equipment
Its a front bumper off job to install the wiring for the front sensors and this wiring needs to be run through the bulkhead into the under dash area where the control module is located so you have to remove some lower dash trim under steering wheel to get to it all and a couple other bits as you also need to run the cable to the additional dash button that comes in kit that sits to the left of the radio
There are no instructions as such but all connection details are provided and most of the wiring is preterminated into unique plugs that only fit one place/one way and you get my phone number for assistance if required ;)

Hi @hwd612 , its no five minute job but it is achievable if you are happy/confident taking things to bits, it doesnt require coding as the kit comes with a replacement control module that is already 'coded' for the additional sensors/equipment
Its a front bumper off job to install the wiring for the front sensors and this wiring needs to be run through the bulkhead into the under dash area where the control module is located so you have to remove some lower dash trim under steering wheel to get to it all and a couple other bits as you also need to run the cable to the additional dash button that comes in kit that sits to the left of the radio
There are no instructions as such but all connection details are provided and most of the wiring is preterminated into unique plugs that only fit one place/one way and you get my phone number for assistance if required ;)

That's awesome! Thank you very much. Not overly keen on taking the bumper off my less than 1 month old van but wouldn't be the first time I've stripped down the front end of a car.

Don't suppose you're doing a kit for the LED DRL's yet? (Do they work with the H4's? and do they then switch off the standard DRL's or are they in addition to them?)

If I've got the bumper off may as well do them and the washer bottle sensor upgrade the same time, just need to wait for next months pay to come in (this T6 stuff ain't cheap haha).

..Don't suppose you're doing a kit for the LED DRL's yet? (Do they work with the H4's? and do they then switch off the standard DRL's or are they in addition to them?)..

@hwd612 Did you get an answer to this?

..washer bottle sensor upgrade..

What's this one then? Do sensors only come on particular models? I've a Highline but haven't had to refil the washer bottle yet..

Cheers,
Adam

Sorry chaps I seem to have missed replying to this, the front T6 DRL kits come complete with everything required but they are stand alone units and do not impact on the existing lighting at all so they would be additional lights but it is possible to turn off the factory DRLs leaving just these running if you wanted them instead of

What's this one then? Do sensors only come on particular models? I've a Highline but haven't had to refil the washer bottle yet..

Cheers,
Adam

Washer bottle sensor is not standard unless it is specced or you have LED headlights, to retrofit it requires replacing the existing washer bottle for one that has the sensor built in and then a cable needs to be run to the dash and plugged into the back of the instrument cluster, this needs to be activated with VCDS after install

VW T6 Washer Bottle Screen Wash Level Sensor Upgrade Kit To Activate Dash Warning For Low Screen Wash Level

Old thread resurrection to ask a question.

I have a faulty front parking sensor which is causing the PDC system to not work at all. In the mean time is it possible to disable the front sensors so that just the rear work? I've not found anything in VCDS. I'm guessing that there are different PDC modules depending on whether you have rear only, or front and rear, so it might not be doable.

Not possible to disable front or rear.
You need to fix it to get your system back to work.
Alternatively you could replace your module with a rear version only.

Reactions: mmi
Ta. I've ordered a new sensor, I just wondered if there was a way to get just the rears to work short term. I'll have to rely on the tow bar for a couple of days.

@dubber how do you know which sensor is faulty? (Im having an issue with our tiguan parking sensors stopped working and button flashes, not the same I appreciate but tying to narrow it down)

thanks

I did a VCDS scan and it told me "front left sensor, implausible signal"

I know there are two front left ones, but from what I can work out, they are all the same, so it will just be a case of swapping them to see which one fixes the problem.

I did a VCDS scan and it told me "front left sensor, implausible signal"

I know there are two front left ones, but from what I can work out, they are all the same, so it will just be a case of swapping them to see which one fixes the problem.
Thanks

Back