Front parking sensors

Nickdaw

Retired
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anybody had front parking sensors retro fitted? the wife says we should of had them. She had the rear ones and rear camera fitted when we ordered it, Just wondering the best way to go for getting them fitted. (to keep in the good books with her) Any help would be great Thanks

Last edited:
There's a kit available for this to retro fit I am considering fitting it to mine, give me a few hours and I will post some info later tonight when I am home on a computer
Not sure if it's a diy job though a prob needs front bumper removed will see what I can find out for you

There's a kit available for this to retro fit I am considering fitting it to mine, give me a few hours and I will post some info later tonight when I am home on a computer
Not sure if it's a diy job though a prob needs front bumper removed will see what I can find out for you
Okay thanks Pauly

@Nickdaw I havent forgotten about this mate, spent a few hours on it now last night and today im 90% there will let you know details later but its positive news :thumbsup:

Ok, the official verdict, i can put together a kit that consists off :
Replacement PDC control unit
Additional dashboard 'P' button
Four part replacement front grille/foglight inserts with holes for sensors
Four OPC sensors
Additional internal beeper/sounder (may not be required but looks like there should be two one for front/one for rear TBC)
Wiring loom to connect all this

Looking around £480 delivered
Control unit is accessible on drivers side under dash and straight swap old for new, grille/fog inserts are straight swap but reckon they will require bumper removal to run wiring in an OE position, seems a relatively straight forward job but will require coding on completion, just waiting for comfirmation on replacement PDC module as there are two that accept the additional sensors and im not sure on the difference between them, think one is for early models (like mine) and one for newer models (like yours)

Going to order mine this week when i have time, will let you know when i have received and double checked everything but prob wont finish fitting mine immediately as going to need bumper off im guessing to route wiring properly
I will hopefully get all the panels and sensors in this weekend if it arrives in time and do the wiring another weekend ??
Im happy to be your guinea pig :p

Pauly that will be a good idea, take loads of instructional photos, :)

It'll be 2 beepers if it's the same as T5.1 - that way you can tell if it's going to hit something back or front.

And before anyone says anything both ends see things at an angle when parallel parking for example.

We only had the option of F&R sensors.
For some utterly bizarre reason, our old Cali couldn't have front sensors because it had 4motion (as we have now); eh?!!!

Two tone as well.

Morning Pauly, hows the front parking sensors coming along, if you have got the kit yet?

Yes i have the kit for my van there are a couple pictures of the front trims with sensors in another thread
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/what-head-unit-have-i-got.704/
All looks good, not sure when i am going to get it fitted as van is in for warranty work on monday so cant risk taking it to bits this weekend and not getting finished so prob make a start next weekend
Will keep this thread updated with progress as and when

Finally got around to fitting front parking sensors today, all in and working but havent finished interior button yet so have no manual override yet but sensors display on screen ok

I have the side grill with holes in if you want them nickdaw? They are redundant since I installed the drl leds.

Is there a cheaper option for the front as mine is a company vehicle and I just for piece of mind, £480 is a lot to pay out of my own pocket?

Last edited:
Only cheaper way would be to fit aftermarket acoustic sensors that just beep and dont integrate with stereo display/factory system

Was thinking of fitting after market ones myself cos really just want some idea of where the front bumper is when parking up to a wall or bollards. I would use an override switch to just turn them on when needed but want something that looks right (oe) on the dash. Is there a switch available from VW that I could use. The switch blanks on the T6 are so small and oddly shaped that I'm struggling to find anything that will fit in there.

Back