Front parking sensors retrofit OEM

They go into the existing 16 pin connector
Blue = pin 4
Yellow = pin 13

Hi
Installing front sensors on the front of my van that has rears and camera already.
When I put it in reverse the front buzzer goes of and the P switch flashes...
Any idea what that means, faulty sensor?

Hi
Installing front sensors on the front of my van that has rears and camera already.
When I put it in reverse the front buzzer goes of and the P switch flashes...
Any idea what that means, faulty sensor?

have you sawpped the 4k 4chanel for the 8K 8channel PDC unit?

Have you programmed for the new 8way setup via VCDS?

more info > Front Parking Sensors Help Please

So it looks like Vagtec were wrong when they told me on the phone I wouldn't need to code it. Anyone in the Bath area who can code this and turn off the airbag light I accidentally triggered?

So it looks like Vagtec were wrong when they told me on the phone I wouldn't need to code it. Anyone in the Bath area who can code this and turn off the airbag light I accidentally triggered?
I didn't have to code mine, had exactly the same as you and it worked straight away after instaling.

Found my VCDS. Turns out module wasn’t coded.
Code for front and rear sensors with camera =318003
Also had to change the wiring pins as running the wiring down the drivers side and across caused the sensors to be back to front.
Obstacles on the right showed up on the left.
If this happens you have to swap pins in the new plug to the module that the front sensors are attached to.
Swap 5&8 then 6&7.

I'm thinking of fitting Drl's and was thinking while the bumper is off why not do the front sensor upgrade at the same time.
Am i right in thinking that the headunit, which is bog standard but does show up the rear sensors, will be ok.

Also as i have a sportline spoiler fitted,that the sensors to the left and right of the fog lights will sit in the circular cut outs in the spoiler that are either side of the number plate.
Has anybody done this mod and if so give me a heads up on the pit falls, because knowing my luck there will be some

I had the same issue as above, the new 8K module was setup for an auto with rear view camera and the sensors wires needed swapping.

Hi Guys, sorry to jump in on this but have just picked up our new (2018) bus and the wife wants front parking sensors fitted. My question is, can you fit the optical kit with a full ABT front end? It's the sensors that come up on the head unit. Thanks in advance guys.

Steve

front.jpg

near side.jpg

side.jpg

Hi guys, does any one know if this can be fitted to a 2018 van with a full ABT kit on the front end?
Can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t. If you buy the kit it comes with the panels pictured below which you just replace. Both of these look accessible on your van. The new panels come pre-fitted with the sensors. You could probably cut the holes in the existing panels and fit the sensors but the upper holes are not round which makes it a little trickier. From memory, if you pop the panel out you will have the hole position marked on the back of it.5D1CA0B9-D76C-46AE-B3AA-08F5A209932D.jpeg7B06EB42-42AF-4CCA-BC7A-BCA09A341F0A.jpeg

Can’t see your bumper very well on my poxy phone, but the parking sensors are built into the black centre outer trims and the black fog light trims, you can buy an upgrade kit, I had to buy a front and rear kit with fog trims. I didn’t use the wider mount in the centre trim as I have a start line bumper so just used my PDC hole cutter kit and it looks fine, but more importantly doesn’t affect its operation. The trims are marked on the back so if it were mine, I would just fit the smaller mounts.
I have a brand new set of the centre trims but you would need the sensors and swap over the red piping trim.
Looking at it, it should be doable. The sensors go to the PDC ecu. If you have rear sensors already the ecu will need to be replaced with an eight channel unit. The sensors plug into the PDC ecu not the head unit (5F). Distance info is shared on a bus network.

Nice van!

Back