Front Interior Led's Not Turning Off

Dom

Hi There,

I have recently upgraded the interior halogen bulbs to LED's but have run into a problem with the cabin interior lights. For some odd reason if they are set to turn on when the door opens, they do but then they don't turn off once the door is closed. You have to manually slide the switch to the off position to turn them off.

Has anybody come across this same issue or have any knowledge on how to fix it please?

Many thanks in advance,

Dom

Do they stay on full brightness or dim right down ?
I tried some cheap LEDs when I first got mine and they didn’t go out just went very dim

Hi Pauly, they stay on full brightness when the doors are shut. When you put they switch in the off position they emit a very dull glow.

Hi Skyliner33, did you have this fault specifically when you had LED's in as mine was fine when it was fitted with halogen bulbs? Thanks for the thread link, I'll have a read through.

Hi Pauly, they stay on full brightness when the doors are shut. When you put they switch in the off position they emit a very dull glow.

Hi Skyliner33, did you have this fault specifically when you had LED's in as mine was fine when it was fitted with halogen bulbs? Thanks for the thread link, I'll have a read through.

Mine had LEDs in so I bought an filament bulb to test. Same thing happened. I took the bulb completely out and still got the same fault.

Okay quick update, I am either being completely stupid or the van electronics is back to front. In order to have the sliding switch set so that the lights come on when the door is open, does the switch have to be fully right to show the symbol of the van with doors open (like in the picture) or does it have to be fully left so the center marker of the switch is over the van symbol, please? I've attached a picture of what I'm trying to describe.
IMG_3180.JPG

Okay quick update, I am either being completely stupid or the van electronics is back to front. In order to have the sliding switch set so that the lights come on when the door is open, does the switch have to be fully right to show the symbol of the van with doors open (like in the picture) or does it have to be fully left so the center marker of the switch is over the van symbol, please? I've attached a picture of what I'm trying to describe.
View attachment 34134

Just checked mine, and it's the same position as your picture.

Reactions: Dom
Thanks Tourershine for confirming I'm an idiot haha :whistle: :laugh: Safe to say then that there is no problem with the electronics.
For anybody wondering from the image the middle festoon bulb isn't on because I ordered one too short so the connection is a bit temperamental and randomly goes on/off.

Thanks for everybody's help on this.

Dom

Back