front fog lights not working [Resolved]

timbo64

VIP Member
Can somebody suggest why my 2018 Highline front foglights have packed up. They have been retrofitted with cheap LED type with resistor but no longer work. I fitted Osram H11 LED but did not work and then checked there was no 12v at lamp. Anyone got any ideas? Is there a fuse blown, and if there is where is it located? Or is it a canbus issue that has turned off foglights? I have plugged in a Carista OBD device and got the following codes 03428, 03429, 03433, 15560, 9480469. Any help/advice appreciated.
Cheers

Get bog standard bulbs in there, and check the fuse. The layout for the fuses under the dash are frequently posted here - try the search function, and I will have a look too.

Pete

03428 and 03429 are the lights, both open circuit. Likely causes are the fuse has blown, the bulbs are both duff (unlikely to both go at same time) Or the cable has been unplugged. I got the same errors after i took my bumper off and forgot to reconnect the fog lamp cable.

I don’t know which fuse though I’m afraid.

Thanks guys I looked on the fuse chart on this site but could not identify the fuse - any ideas? Also how the hell do you get to the lower fuses without having to take off the lower dash trim?

My van has a comfort dash. To get to the fuse panel I have to remove the bottle holder. Once you’ve done it once it’s relatively easy But first time can be tricky (it was for me). There are two tabs inside it you need to squeeze in and then the whole unit will come away.

Of course this may be of no use to you if you don’t have a comfort dash...

Thanks but I have standard dash. Anybody got any ideas on where front foglight fuse is located?

Yes rear fog lights work fine. Any ideas? Is fault code 03433 Terminal 30 open circuit preventing front fog lights working?

Did you get your fog lights working? My vans come back from its MOT finally passed but mentioned front fogs aren’t working

VW dealer fixed it was a blown fuse - 15A rated I recall they said. Not sure what fuse though I am afraid as I tried to locate before I asked VW to fix.

Had a look at fuses today it appears that the 15A fuse wasn’t there so fitted as per a previous thread....now have working fog lights!
thanks

Back