Front Door (Soft Close/Power Latching) Retrofit

I’d love soft closing on mine, I had it on a Merc once and it makes other car doors feel cheap once you get used to it

whats involved?
There is probably few ways to get it done, but I am thinking of an insert between door body and actual door locking mechanism. And then this insert would be driven by electric motor with a wormdrive via mechanical cable. Permanent power supply is present in the door and triggering signal could be organised as well. Overall cost shouldn't be high;)

Reactions: mmi
@Pauly can do you a kit if you message him.

To give you an idea it was around £700 +vat to do the front doors, single slider and tailgate using all VW oem kit and a custom wiring loom.

Paul is making a kit up for me currently and then I've got somebody fitting it for me, it's going to cost the best part of £1000 all in, but something that I missed off my original factory build and always wanted.

T6 don’t and never have had soft close on front doors, power latching kits are for sliding door and tailgate only, they don’t do barn doors or front doors
I think Robert is looking at getting parts intended for another model and grafting then onto his T6 to add the functionality

T6 don’t and never have had soft close on front doors, power latching kits are for sliding door and tailgate only, they don’t do barn doors or front doors
I think Robert is looking at getting parts intended for another model and grafting then onto his T6 to add the functionality

Oops, I thought my kit was for all the doors :laugh:

I'll get the butler to close my front doors quietly. ;)

The only thing that really discourages me, is that my both front doors on my Caravelle close so easily and smoothly.
I really have to try my best to close it purposely on first stage only, otherwise they always close fully.

Reactions: mmi
I am still waiting for the weather to improve so I can install my soft close system and eventually show off here :laugh:.

I have power latching on the side door & tailgate. The side door is fine, the tailgate is a PITA, it’s just failed again. IMO having it on the tailgate adds little to the functionality & is just another failure point. I wouldn’t have it again.

Reactions: JOG
Back