Front collision radar query ! Driving yesterday in my 2018 Shuttle I encountered something that had never happened before and it was quit scary !

T6WOLF

VIP Member
While overtaking a stationary bus and giving it plenty of room there was a sudden grinding noise. It felt as if the ABS system was kicking in and despite under acceleration the van slowed down. A tone sounded from the dash and a graphic came up for a few seconds only. This looked like a roadway with with a set of broken lines on either side. In between the lines the number 40 appeared ! The incident was over in seconds and the van continued to accelerate to pass the bus. I have experienced ABS kick in before on other vehicles but never in perfect dry weather and whilst accelerating ! Is this a problem with the front radar or just a glitch ? Has anyone else experienced anything similar ? Thanks......Wolfie.

They all do that sir!

Mine does it very, very occasionally, my wife’s Q5 did it more frequently.

Keep the sensor clean and unless it becomes more of an issue don’t worry too much about it.

My VW Golf does this sometimes. The collision detection software is too sensitive.

Pete

Thanks to you also Pete - it's nice to know that I'm not alone in experiencing this. I'll try not to worry about it too much as its only happened once now in three years ! Wolfie.

My VW Golf does this sometimes. The collision detection software is too sensitive.

Pete
My Golf does it also! Typically when the car in front is turning in to a side road and you judge you don't need to slow down as by the time you get to them they will be turned off, the system goes in to 'panic mode'.

They all do that sir!

Mine does it very, very occasionally, my wife’s Q5 did it more frequently.

Keep the sensor clean and unless it becomes more of an issue don’t worry too much about it.
Like @Insert Coin my T6 has also done this once in the time I have owned it. It is scary but also very reassuring to know the safety feature works as designed.

Last edited:
Back