Front Center Air Vents - No Air

Wilfred

Hello

I have a VW Caravelle T6 Executive 2015, bought a couple of days ago.

I cannot get the aircon through the middle two vents. I have it set to the lowest temperature and have tried all settings (I think!). It is powerful out of the dash vents by the front doors but even when I close these the air does not come out of the middle ones.

Has anyone any suggestions please?

Thanks

stating the obvious here but . . . .

you sure you have the vent wheel at the bottom of the vent rotated round to the open position?

the one wheel does open, angle left to right, closed.

Got this dial set to front blowers?

20180807_071546.jpg

Just to update the thread, the motor that controls the flaps under the dash has packed up. The centre two are closed.

The main dealer will have the van for a few days and will remove the dash and replace the motor, under warranty fortunately.

Thanks

Great result.

Glad you got to the bottom of it.

@Wilfred I know this is an old thread now, but we had the same issue on our Caravelle (as well as the A/C not working at all)

Dashboard had to come out and flaps/housing and motor had to be changed. Took them a week and a half!

Have you had any issues since? I’m thinking it could be a Caravelle issue

I had similar on a Gen Six Caravelle - believe it or not it was fixed with a software update - had no issues since. Initial errors were picked up using Carista.

@Wilfred I know this is an old thread now, but we had the same issue on our Caravelle (as well as the A/C not working at all)

Dashboard had to come out and flaps/housing and motor had to be changed. Took them a week and a half!

It's been fine since the repair.

@Wilfred - thanks for the update. Is it a known issue for Caravelle’s?
I’ve just purchased a 2016 Exec and it appears i have the same issue. I’m still within the 14day return period so will return to the dealer - and share the above feedback.

I had similar on a Gen Six Caravelle - believe it or not it was fixed with a software update - had no issues since. Initial errors were picked up using Carista.
Hi, I have recently purchased a 2016 Executive. Did Carista give you an error message which identified the problem with the air vents or did it suggest a software update which rectified the issue? Thanks

Thanks for sharing- I have just purchased a 2016 Exec and have the exact same issue. Can i ask how much that set you back? I need to take it up with the dealer who I just purchased the vehicle from so would be good to establish what kind of numbers I’m looking at. Thanks

Thanks for sharing- I have just purchased a 2016 Exec and have the exact same issue. Can i ask how much that set you back? I need to take it up with the dealer who I just purchased the vehicle from so would be good to establish what kind of numbers I’m looking at. Thanks

Dealer should cover. It was a lengthy repair that also included replacing the air conditioning compressor. I think total bill was north of 5k, covered by VW:oops:

Wow! Not what you’d expect on such a new vehicle. The air conditioning seems to be working fine but judging by the previous comments I’m guessing at the least the flaps/housing and motor need to be changed / replaced! Thanks for your help

I don’t know much about the system but the air flow flaps are controlled by motors that can fail. Have a search on the Forum.

I have a similar problem except nothing is coming out of only the left hand centre vent. Even tried closing the other three and opening just that one and there's still barely anything.

I have a 2016 VWT6.1 combi van. When I turn the blower on the motor runs but sometimes no air comes out of the vents. This happens both with either heat or aircon selected. Bizarrely, on a longer journey the fan note can change and air either starts or stops coming out of the vents. The position of the vent selection switch seems to operate as it should.

I am assuming that it is a sensor that is, it turn, opening or closing a duct.

Grateful of any advice!

Cheers David

Anybody knows the exact location of the centre flaps? Mine has no air from center and i want to open it manualy if i can

Back