Sold Front Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to mess you about boys worked out that it was all going to cost me more than my excess so have done an insurace job that way everything will be brand new, il let you know if it doesnt go to plan, thanks for all youre help

Wish id seen this before - would of saved you some money by suggesting an excess protection policy :(

Wish id seen this before - would of saved you some money by suggesting an excess protection policy :(

Whats that? How does it work? It being repaired this week benefits are that my local garage is color coding the badge and chrome strip on grill and fit spillter at same time

Essentially you can insure your excess and in the event of a fault claim you can claim it back.

So for example I often raise my excess to £1000 and buy a £2k excess protection policy. The cost of the excess protection policy is circa £60 a year and it reduced premium by over £150. As the average repair bill is £1200 insurers reduce your premium based on the fact you are less likely to make a claim as you would have to pay the first £1000 towards repair. With excess protection you have to pay out the £1000 excess but it gets refunded via the excess protect policy within 7 days.

I buy a £2k policy as it means im covered for two claims in 12 month period. The only risk is if you have third accident in the 12 month period which statistically is very rare. Say for example your excess is £500 the £2k policy could be used 4 times. Essentially view it as a fund and its upto you how much you want to claim back each time you make a claim.

Just to add, you can buy policies for single vehicles or multiple.

Last edited:
Thanks, where abouts are you in the country ?

What’s your price?

I have very recently bought a startline and was hoping this would fit, any ideas.

Thanks

It will fit but you will need a grille also, think they retail around £60-70

Sorry buddy, too far away, I’m in the west coast of Scotland.

Pity I would have had it off you.

Cheers
willie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back