Front bumper removal

RattyMcClelland

Chipsaway - South Nottingham
T6 Legend
Guys I'm trying to remove the front bumper now. We have everything off but the middle section seems to resist. What's holding it in?

Cheers. With force we figured it out in the end.
Unlike the t5.1 the t6 bumper is fully clipped into place. Literally a push in rivits and a hex screws either side, Plus the arch linings. Crazy.
The fog lights surrounds are even worse. Plastic welded cover covered the insides so I had to melt the plastic to get them out.
All for gloss black goodness.

Don't even get me started on bonding the abt body kit. Nightmare, especially the rest bumper.

Cheers. With force we figured it out in the end.
Unlike the t5.1 the t6 bumper is fully clipped into place. Literally a push in rivits and a hex screws either side, Plus the arch linings. Crazy.
The fog lights surrounds are even worse. Plastic welded cover covered the insides so I had to melt the plastic to get them out.
All for gloss black goodness.

Don't even get me started on bonding the abt body kit. Nightmare, especially the rest bumper.

Oh dear, i want to remove my headlights to get to the DRL's as its a pain
Any chance of pics or a better description on how to remove the front bumper and grill please ?
I also want to gloss the matt parts of the grills
cheers

No pictures I'm afraid. I'll all done .

Basically
-Remove the front wheels
- Remove hex screws from the arch lining. Only the front half
- Remove the push in rivets from the upper grill in the engine bay and the crosshead plastic screw.
- Reach into the bumper from the arch lining and remove the push in rivet and the hex screw next to each other. Both sides.
- Pull the sides out of the clips with force.
- Pull the front bumper off towards the front with alot of force. I mean allot of force.
- Unclip fog light plug if you have them and undo the headlight washer hoses.
- The upper grill and bumper come PDF in one go.

many thanks for the info Ratty
sounds like the (alott of force) was just the same when i removed the rear bumper
seem to be some new type of click in fixings at the side i had to be quite brutal when i pulled at it

Apparantly the middle grill pulls out easy enuff? ill be painting that then wrapping the upper and lower parts you think its possible? cheers

Back