Front and rear pdc buzzer locations ?

Stevemcc

VIP Member
Hi all can anyone help with locations of the buzzers for parking buzzers front and rear
cheers

Front is under the dash by the PDC module to the right of the steering wheel and the rear one is behind the passenger side B pillar upper trim.
Jeez @Deaky is there anything you don’t know about our vans mate:thumbsup:;)

Reactions: JOG
You learn something every day here, I'd always assumed they came out of the speakers.

With front and rear sensors there are 2 speakers as @Deaky has said.
EDIT:
Removed my last sentence as this doesn't apply to T6.

And just in case it’s useful...here is what you are looking for. Picture cable shows it cable tied temporarily but it lives up inside the dash as @Deaky mentioned. It is screwed in (see holes on side of speaker in picture) and is a “lie on the back under the steering wheel, legs hanging out looking up contortionist manoeuvre“ to access :confused:

AE75E6BF-07C4-4862-8091-B55CF8D0D865.jpeg

And here is the rear

Edit: Looks like it’s behind the lower trim, not the upper.

View attachment 93312
Excellent thanks for help and pictures

And just in case it’s useful...here is what you are looking for. Picture cable shows it cable tied temporarily but it lives up inside the dash as @Deaky mentioned. It is screwed in (see holes on side of speaker in picture) and is a “lie on the back under the steering wheel, legs hanging out looking up contortionist manoeuvre“ to access :confused:

View attachment 93310
Excellent thanks for help and pictures

Well progress today
1/ removed near side b pillar trims, fitted rear buzzer as @Deaky picture.
ran cable to under passenger seat and installed into cable rack
from cable rack to dash pdc module area.
2/ removed radio panel and heater panel, fitted new pdc switch wired illumination wire and earth cable.ran other two cables to pdc module area
3/ removed front bumper , de pinned 3 wires from 10 wire connector ( for front fog lights) installed them into new ten pin connector for pdc’s, checked fog lights work correct as turning..
refitted front bumper
4/ ran cable from bumper ten pin connector to cabin......
that’s it for today need to warm myself up now weather is biblical....

Well All done , today jobs involved.....
1/ remove old pdc module and moved some wires around
removed buzzer wires for one in dash ( now front ) from 16 pin plug and installed into 12 pin plug
2/ installed the new rear buzzer wires into the 16 pin connector
installed the two switch wires into 16 pin connector
3/ refitted new pdc module
check they all worked

thanks for the help guys much appreciated..

Hi all,

New to this forum, I have a VW T6 transporter which has been converted to a Campervan.

The rear parking sensors have never worked so I thought I would try and fix it.
I’ve tested all the sensors and the near side isn’t working, I’ve tested the Voltage and it looks like the (middle) sensor cable is broken. I’m trying to trace back to the module but can’t find it.

I’ve removed the B Pillar covers, as advised in this chat, but nothing there.

Any help/ guidance would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance
Anderson 67

Hi all,

New to this forum, I have a VW T6 transporter which has been converted to a Campervan.

The rear parking sensors have never worked so I thought I would try and fix it.
I’ve tested all the sensors and the near side isn’t working, I’ve tested the Voltage and it looks like the (middle) sensor cable is broken. I’m trying to trace back to the module but can’t find it.

I’ve removed the B Pillar covers, as advised in this chat, but nothing there.

Any help/ guidance would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance
Anderson 67
The PDC module is under the dash to the right of the steering wheel

The power pair to each to sensor is common and joined within the loom, the sensor return cable runs all the way back to the PDC module

The power pair to each to sensor is common and joined within the loom, the sensor return cable runs all the way back to the PDC module
Thanks Pauly

Any advice on how I get the cover off under the steering wheel. I’ve removed the 2 x screws which secures the steering column cover, but do I just need to yank the black panel off?

Thanks

You don’t need to remove that one. It’s behind the one with the light switch in.

Back