Fridge Vs Coolbox

I’ve changed the euro lead for a UK one I had knocking about, on 240 volts it took about 15 minutes to go from 22 to 5, nice and cold. Need to do some 12 volt tests. Haven’t set the battery protection yet, as you say the instructions aren’t great
Mine has 3 settings, cant remember the voltage on each. When set to low I thought that's going to kill the battery before it kicks in but i didnt think about actual voltage drop when the compressor kicks in vrs the standing voltage. Might edge and go medium setting :rolleyes:

Mine has 3 settings, cant remember the voltage on each. When set to low I thought that's going to kill the battery before it kicks in but i didnt think about actual voltage drop when the compressor kicks in vrs the standing voltage. Might edge and go medium setting :rolleyes:
I’ve noticed a voltage drop of .2 v between the reading of my battery and the reading on the fridge I’m wondering if it’s a result of the huge amount of cable supplied on the cigarette lighter cable .. It’s good that it’s long for people that need that but I’m wondering if in my case I should just shorten te cable as my fridge is very close to the leisure battery

I’ve noticed a voltage drop of .2 v between the reading of my battery and the reading on the fridge I’m wondering if it’s a result of the huge amount of cable supplied on the cigarette lighter cable .. It’s good that it’s long for people that need that but I’m wondering if in my case I should just shorten te cable as my fridge is very close to the leisure battery
More likely the poor connection in the cigarette socket. I just bought a longer cable so I could cut the end off and wire it directly into the fuse panel to do away with the cigarette socket. I’m going to put an Anderson plug on it so i dont need to leave the cable in place all the time when I’m not using it.

did you get one ? one ordered one of these and hoping its not a mistake..
So used the fridge for 10 days on a recent camping trip, really pleased with it. Not too noisy at night when the compressor kicks it so didn’t wake me or the wife. Keeps everything nice and cold with the setting at 4. Fits nice behind drivers seat and second row kombi seats - well pleased

So used the fridge for 10 days on a recent camping trip, really pleased with it. Not too noisy at night when the compressor kicks it so didn’t wake me or the wife. Keeps everything nice and cold with the setting at 4. Fits nice behind drivers seat and second row kombi seats - well pleased
Yep it’s a decent fridge .. seller sent on my basket and I’m hoping to get a new chain as the poxy thing snapped the moment the lid had nothing to rest on . Other than that I love it .. can’t believe how staggeringly more efficient it is than a crappy cool box .. mine comes on about once an hour for a few minutes and then the rest of the time it’s silent .. it gets perfectly cold and remains cold for many hours switched off .. very happy with it .. may get a jacket for it as well for next summer or trips abroad if they ever happen ! . I’m going to wire a permanent circuit for it with a switch to switch over to its 240 volt supply when I’m hooked up. Saves unplugging and plugging in the power supply . And unsightly cables and dodgy cigarette lighter nonsense

Yep it’s a decent fridge .. seller sent on my basket and I’m hoping to get a new chain as the poxy thing snapped the moment the lid had nothing to rest on . Other than that I love it .. can’t believe how staggeringly more efficient it is than a crappy cool box .. mine comes on about once an hour for a few minutes and then the rest of the time it’s silent .. it gets perfectly cold and remains cold for many hours switched off .. very happy with it .. may get a jacket for it as well for next summer or trips abroad if they ever happen ! . I’m going to wire a permanent circuit for it with a switch to switch over to its 240 volt supply when I’m hooked up. Saves unplugging and plugging in the power supply . And unsightly cables and dodgy cigarette lighter nonsense
Be interested is how you do that as the one thing that was getting on my nerves was having to keep pulling the plug at the back out when switching from 240 to 12 volts

Be interested is how you do that as the one thing that was getting on my nerves was having to keep pulling the plug at the back out when switching from 240 to 12 volts
Yes exactly it’s a pita and will eventually result in an issue as that socket is not designed to be plugged and unplugged thousands of times .. Will post the whole thing once done but I will be basically be installing a fused circuit for the 12 volt supply and an on off on switch for 240 v power supply feed so when hooked up I will just flip a switch to go over to the 240 v PS from leisure battery .

Yes exactly it’s a pita and will eventually result in an issue as that socket is not designed to be plugged and unplugged thousands of times .. Will post the whole thing once done but I will be basically be installing a fused circuit for the 12 volt supply and an on off on switch for 240 v power supply feed so when hooked up I will just flip a switch to go over to the 240 v PS from leisure battery .
Osman, did you ever do this? I’m trying to work out how I can have one lead from the cool box that I can switch between 12 volt and 240volt supply

More info here. . . .

And more here for powering stuff..

Osman, did you ever do this? I’m trying to work out how I can have one lead from the cool box that I can switch between 12 volt and 240volt supply
Yes I have not done it quite yet as we are currently living in hell .. but my idea is simple .
an on off on switch ...but a three position just like we use to switch a head unit from starter battery to leisure battery.. so on . It’s feeds the fridge from the leisure battery ... then off,, nothing no current, then another on ,. Now it’s feeding the fridge from the transformer .

Back