Friday was a good day, after a lot of stress.

gazmacuk

On Friday, an early start, drive up to Livinston, Near Edinburgh from Bolton....To look at this beauty. After an absolute nightmare with the bank transfer (HSBC, are disgusting when transferring money)
and a few hours in the hospitality of Scot (off this forum) and his lovely wife and dogs.....This is mine and the Mrs new project.... T6 van soon to be...........watch this space.

I will just take this opportunity to hand on heart apologise to and thank Scot for tolerating the massive nightmare that was the bank.....A great great fella.
t6.jpg

t6.jpg

I had a similar issue with a bank. Went to VanStyle to have an ARB fitted, I worked in their office whilst waiting the 4 hours, came to pay card denied, couldn't remember the PIN to any other cards. About 30 declined transaction slips all over the desk.

Seems my bank cancelled my debit card as someone tried to buy a load of BitCoins. Unfortunately, they forgot to tell me!

I had a similar situation when buying a car from a trader on Wednesday.

I had taken a debit card to pay him, but he told me he only accepted bank transfers. I'd never done online banking from my phone before, so I had to ring home and get my daughter to get my user ID from my desktop so that I could log in. Then having nearly got to the end of sending the payment, I got a message to ring Lloyds to complete the transaction. I then had to wait over half an hour to speak to their fraud department to ensure them that it was really me paying for a car that I was stood in front of.

I've had similar problems in the past with both banks and credit cards, annoying and embarassing. To try and avoid this I now contact the bank etc a few days beforehand if I'm doing anything that will look different from my normal spending pattern and ask them to put a note on my file. No problems since.

Similar issue with Barclays when buying my T6. We let the bank know days beforehand that there was going to be a large/abnormal payment - was still an embarrassing nightmare sat in the seller's kitchen while the wife answered endless questions and got passed around departments. Just about managed to get it sorted as our welcome ran out!

It is annoying when you just want to complete the sale and head home. However, on the other hand - it is reassuring to know that the banks are doing something to prevent/reduce fraud...

It is annoying when you just want to complete the sale and head home. However, on the other hand - it is reassuring to know that the banks are doing something to prevent/reduce fraud...

I was about to say the same thing.
I’ve had trouble in the past when trying to pay large amounts on my debit card, and it can be very frustrating, but we’d all be upset if someone got hold of our cards and went out and bought a car on it with no questions asked.

Slightly different circumstances but this reminds me of an incident a few years ago.

As we all do, I get loads of unsolicited sales calls on the house phone.
One day after getting an above normal amount a calls, someone rang with a withheld number and asked to speak to my wife. Thinking this was just another sales call, I replied with “I’m sorry but she is dead” (bit harsh I know). Anyway, I thought no more of it.

A couple of days later, we were filling up her car with fuel and she went to pay. I could see a bit of commotion going on as she stood at the counter trying to pay and at first I was a little confused. She was getting more and more irate with the cashier and now a rather large queue was forming behind her.
I then noticed she was talking on her phone with her other hand waving around in a very expressional manner.. The people behind her were now starting to look very uncomfortable.

It was at this time I realised that my dismissive comment to the previously mentioned sales call could have some bearing on the current event unfolding before my eyes.

After what seemed like an eternity, she finished on the phone and turned back to the now totally terrified sales assistance and completed the transaction.
She eventually came out of the shop and was looking extremely annoyed.
When she got back to car I asked what was the problem. She replied “The f***ing bank have cancelled all my card as they tell me I’m dead!!!”
The commotion was her “explaining” to the bank on the phone that she was in fact alive and well.

I never summoned the courage to tell her it may be my fault.

She is now my Ex.

Back