Free Phone Holder

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by James1000, 21 Mar 2020.

1. James1000

James1000 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Am I the only one who uses the free phone holder? - perfect fit, in the right place.
    Charging is the only real issue but if fully charged overnight lasts me for what I need all day

06184E42-9D53-4C63-AD4B-D5A922CBCC1C.jpeg

TheHungryGhost and St4n99 like this.
  2. oldiebut goodie

oldiebut goodie Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Tried it but it keeps yanking the cord out of the wall socket when I drive off.

3. Dannyb6467

Dannyb6467 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Does your screen not rotate?
    I always use the space. Just turn your phone upside down and the charger is on top.

Ads_Essex likes this.
  4. The Bear78

The Bear78 Member VIP Member

I think the wall socket would still win....

5. fezza68

fezza68 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Joking aside what phone holders do you guys recommend?. When mines plugged in i leave it on the floor,gotta be something better than that!.

6. Spaghettiboy78

Spaghettiboy78 Mr Spaghetti VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    fezza68 likes this.
  7. fezza68

Map
    Do you use it as a dash or window mount?.

8. sparkzer

sparkzer Senior Member T6 Pro

9. Spaghettiboy78

Spaghettiboy78 Mr Spaghetti VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I use it stuck on the windscreen. They do supply a self adhesive smooth plastic disc so you can attach it to a dash but I didn’t want to adhere anything to the dash permanently.

Also, cheaper at Halfords. Not sure how you’d get one though, following BoJo’s announcement..

Belkin Dash or Window Phone Mount | Halfords UK

fezza68 likes this.
  10. pematthe

pematthe New Member

bugger... if you have the comfort dash, there's no phone (cup) holders. I use a kenu vent mount and a cable to the USB port. Works well as long as you shut off the vent in the winter to stop the phone overheating.

James1000 likes this.
  11. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Quadlock

fezza68 likes this.
  12. benp1

benp1 New Member

I have no buttons to the right of the head unit, they’re all blanks. Is there a way to repurpose one to be a phone holder? I.e mount a holder to one of those, it would then be replaceable so no holes in the dash. Don’t want to block the blowers

fezza68 likes this.
  13. James1000

James1000 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Nice idea, slight sticking point with google maps is that it doesn’t.

14. fezza68

Map
    I like the quadlock. Ideally id like to have something near to the gearstick. Ive thought about using the blanks myself so they can be replaced if needed. Im not reaaly keen on windscreen mounts.

15. Ads_Essex

Ads_Essex Local lowlife VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I’ve got the QuadLock, too. I looked at fitting it in the van, but it seems to be an angle thing with the mount, them being flat and all.

I received one of their marketing emails for the wireless charging mount, but recall it being pretty pricy

fezza68 likes this.
  16. BeePee

BeePee Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    @fezza68 I use one of these with their case, much slicker than quadlock I thought and plenty of mounts too. Official Ducati system too. Adhesive Mount Pro

I stuck mine to the left of my dash in between the glove box and cool box? on my comfort dash. Short cable to usb and perfect, I'll take a picture later

17. fezza68

Map
    Have you any pics?.

18. BeePee

BeePee Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
  19. CaptainZag

CaptainZag New Member

Map
    85612026-B75F-4DD8-9810-AB697B4BCD64.jpeg
    I use theses magnetic air vent phone holders. Cheap off flea bay. Just need a metal plate placing in the back of your case.

fezza68 likes this.
  20. fezza68

Map
    That looks like just the thing for me but ive not got the comfort dash. Do you think it would work on the other side of the dash where the 6 blanks are?.

Tags: