Frankenstein! T5.1 to T5 facelift

tommo

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Alex from Italy,
this is Frankenstein, "Franky" for friends :D

is a 2012 T5.2 140bhp LWB...converted in a T6 2017 model... with a very very hard work!

here a little gallery of the work in progress.

in dec 2018 i bought this van from Brema in Germany,

f_old.jpg
r_old.jpg
int1_old.jpg
int2_old.jpg

a little bit rusty, with mud and powder on the interior, and with a very huge quantity of a strange black powder,(i think is coal) under every hole in the chassis.

with front and rear PDC, airco, auto light and wiper, towbar, webasto MFD and a little mushroom on the roof :rofl:

the van (excluding rust) is in good condition considering that have 328k kilometers, engine have no type of leak, don't burn oil, don't consume water, and the power is really same as new engine.

So after this check, the conversion work started!

work.jpg

r_wk.jpg

totally facelift with new and used parts, and at the rear, a used tailgate(from a cali) :)

at the interior, disorder reigns supreme :rofl::rofl::rofl:

int_wk.jpg

i add, used seats (from a multivan) with armrest and adjustable lumbar support, new 12v socket on the cockpit, cruise control, MFSW wire and second battery.

int1.jpg

i added a bluetooth OEM module,a multimedia display and an new leather mfsw of a t6,
i removed the horrible dashboard center mount, and change the black bezel with newer in gray color

this is the interior final result

int2.jpg

soo lovelly!:cool:

and the exterior now is in this conditions

f_new.jpg

r_new.jpg

front full LED projectors, tail light LED with sequential indicator and OEM t6 17" alloy wheels

if some photos is too big please tell me, and i change resolution.
TIA

Wow, fair play that is a cracking result from what must have been a staggering amount of work :thumbsup:

the next step,

1: going to body shop for a complete refurbishment, install the two side windows with sliding opener, and repaint it totally. I'm in doubt..all in candy white, or high section in candy white and low section in curcuma yellow like this

final.png

2: add a forge motorsport bigger intercooler, a forge oil cooler and an engine remap...
3: seat with tartan fabric
4: convert into camper

stay tuned, more photos in the future :D

the next step,

1: going to body shop for a complete refurbishment, install the two side windows with sliding opener, and repaint it totally. I'm in doubt..all in candy white, or high section in candy white and low section in curcuma yellow like this

View attachment 42687

2: add a forge motorsport bigger intercooler, a forge oil cooler and an engine remap...
3: seat with tartan fabric
4: convert into camper

stay tuned, more photos in the future :D
Definitely that two tone, looks awesome

hi all and sorry for delay,
an upgrade about works on my van...
i'm really happy for these parts,

IMG_20190522_152152.jpg

really good components, Bilstein B6 shocks and Eibach coils, new suspension top mount and new rear coil oem rubber base.

installing the new supension i found rust under the rear side of the chassis

this is the situation under the "rear wheel housing liner"

IMG_20190609_120654.jpg

this after a sandpaper work and rusty converter

IMG_20190609_130021.jpg

and this, after repaint and sealant

IMG_20190609_170844.jpg

ah, sorry, :notworthy:
i made a big mistake....
i forgot to upload photo about the bodyshop work! :whistle::whistle::whistle::rofl:

this is the van with background paint
IMG_20190531_140221.jpg

IMG_20190603_163501.jpg

than with hole for windows and final paint

IMG_20190606_151001.jpg

this the same conditions but with headlights

IMG_20190606_174354.jpg

and here with windows installed

IMG_20190607_183224.jpg

Last edited:
i have an question for the admins, why i can't modify my old post?
i want to correct the old images address, but the forum don't permit me

There's usually a time limit on when you can edit your posts.

Click the report button and describe the changes you wish to make. The mods should then be able to sort you out.

i have an question for the admins, why i can't modify my old post?
i want to correct the old images address, but the forum don't permit me

Nice van @tommo .
On the editing, I think you can only edit until someone has opened and read it....

Back