Forumfest France 2021

Show of interest in Forumfest France 01-05 April 2021

• Total voters

Eli

VIP Member
T6 Legend
After the very successful Forumfest September. It was suggested that some would like to try France. I have a site in mind which is about 30mins out of the Eurotunnel. I have personally been to this site and so has @Tourershine. I will email the site over the next few weeks to see if they are happy to hold such an event. @Dellmassive wont need to bring his camping gear as they have chalets on site but he will he to bring the party.
just as a test can we set up an even just see numbers, if the numbers aren’t there it may not happen, we also need some suggestions for dates. I propose 1st-5th April 2021 (4 nights). Not sure if this clashes with any other pre planned events, if so apologies.

let’s discuss. We can also create a WhatsApp group to see if it’s viable

Last edited:
So far so good :)

"

Thank you for your email. All good here, thank you, trust the same with yourselves.

It is indeed something we would be happy to help organise and we would of course try to gather you all as close as possible.

If it can help, the prices for next season should remain the same, attached for information.

Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further information,

Kind regards,
Julien
Château du Gandspette * * * *

Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 10.32.50.png

whats there policy then on the: ?

fire pits,
loud music,
late music,
disco tent and lights,
festival type arrangement,
possible annoyance of other patrons,

etc etc

you wouldn't want to go through all of this to then be shut down on the first night for "too much noise, turn that down, you cant do that etc"

got a direct link to the sites web-page and rules page?

this would imply the possibility of being mixed with other NON-T6F campers . . . .

"""we would of course try to gather you all as close as possible. """

that may not appreciate our mini festival . . . . ?

Last edited:
Hi Lee

see link below, fire pits are ok, as is music. I have just asked about light as I forgot to put that on my original email. Group will be kept together. I have also asked where on the site would we be locate as I am familiar. I can then show on a map.

As a side note, if the dates where as proposed, the week of the 5th April is the start of UK school holidays so this event could be extended to a week long forumfest (if your liver could take it ;))

I have sent them a link to the forum so they can see what is its all about

Last edited:
1.Chalet Rentals
2.Main Camping area
3.Restaurant and Bar
4.Swimming Pool, basketball, football, Tennis equipment

CIMG_0365.jpeg
IMG_0362.jpeg
IMG_0363.jpegIMG_0364.jpeg

Latest response from "The Chateau"
"Thanks Julien

There’s no issues with having music and disco lights on until midnight is there.
Also where on the site would be located so I could shown the location on a map
Chris"

Response

No problem at all!

Well, the rentals are in the "C" area, tents usually go opposite in the large open spaces. I think we would try and pitch you all there but all depending on the weather to be honest.

If not feasible, you would all be on the pitches opposite the Chateau.

Thank you,
Regards,
Julien

Latest response from "The Chateau"
"Thanks Julien

There’s no issues with having music and disco lights on until midnight is there.
Also where on the site would be located so I could shown the location on a map
Chris"

Response

No problem at all!

Well, the rentals are in the "C" area, tents usually go opposite in the large open spaces. I think we would try and pitch you all there but all depending on the weather to be honest.

If not feasible, you would all be on the pitches opposite the Chateau.

Thank you,
Regards,
Julien

Cheers Mate !........Now I’ve got to spent £ 3.5k on a towbar and trailer..oh and a GB sticker.....just check with better half ..if not on lockdown count us in ....Happy Days ;)

looks interesting. . . . not sure about those dates though ATM, looks like were booked out with the kids that weekend (so wont be available), i keep an eye on this thread though.

looks interesting. . . . not sure about those dates though ATM, looks like were booked out with the kids that weekend (so wont be available), i keep an eye on this thread though.
Will have to work around you guys (girls ) We can’t split up the Gin drinking Girl Power Posse :rofl:

I've just seen that weekend is the Easter Bank Holiday weekend next year.

I'll load up the diary with as many official dates and try and get a school schedule tomorrow.

Reactions: Eli
Good to see that now we are nearly 5 years into brexit there’s some certainty on exactly how it will work and what will change when travelling! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Just make sure you’re not in the queue behind the Farage family when disembarking in France.

April 2021 looking a bit cold and wet for outdoor activities.

rain and disco tents dont mix.

1601064926133.png

1601064942935.png

April 2021 looking a bit cold and wet for outdoor activities.

rain and disco tents dont mix.

View attachment 86434

View attachment 86435
I wouldn’t pay to much attention to forecasts, look at April this year :cool:

Back