Forumfest 10-11-12-13 of September 2020.

Forumfest 10-11-12-13 of September 2020.
Posted by Pauly
Brook Meadow
Thursday, 10 September, 2020 - 12:00
Until: Sunday, 13 September, 2020 - 12:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
I've worked in some of the original hangers where Wellingtons were built, always nice :thumbsup:

Whilst walking to the pub me and @Spaghetti we're talking about the airfield, if your boring (like me) and have a nosey on Google satellite maps you can see the entire area including the camp site was part of the RAF base, the long straight rode gave it away as a runway but you can see the other two main runways etched into the land which would have crossed it :geek:
Hi @RedUn .... I thought I was the only RAF Geek ( not really ) as we drove in we spotted the old ATC building ...still remember my first air experience flight in an old Argosy ( the flying tit ) I’ll have a look at google....prior to google you can spot an old airfield miles away...at least old RAF buildings where meant to last ..not like others :inlove::inlove::inlove:

@Deaky took on the responsibility of stopping @Pauly from either falling in the fire pit, or jumping over it in a fit of drunken bravado.
All was redeemed the following day when he deactivated my Stop/Start and became my new best friend/hero.
@Pauly
He also installed Apple Car play and voice activation on my head unit which saved me a fortune as I was going to replace it with a Halo 9.

Semolina flour is the key to not burning your stone. Don’t try normal flour as this just blackens. Thank me later! ;)
Much prefer Semolina pudding and jam ....used to be Sunday treat years ago....but every days a school day :)

The idea of semolina flour is that it very slightly lifts the base off the stone. This prevents sticking and subsequent burning.

We use this with our Uuni pizza oven - works well. In fact, the Uuni oven is portable .......

Pete

Master Chef....here we come :p

tell you what guys n gals..you can all use your pizza trade secrets and give us all a demo ...then we can ask the Italian....to judge :cool:

Last edited:
Polenta is what most of the pizza co's use. Doesn't burn and let's the pizza slice off the stone like...

Never used flour on my stone and had perfect pizza, nan bread, pittas and part baked baguettes every time. The secret is to slide a fish slice under and move them around frequently.

Back