Forty Winks Beds

Aaaahhh ok, need to check the arches then, they are carpeted but should see if they are there, mine is a kombi conversion, so is there a chance I don't have the threaded holes???
Ta

Thanks for the links, had a look at the amdro, clever as it takes no space but fancy full width and I have the 2+1 rear seat. Look forward to seeing the forty winks set up,
Thanks for your help guys..

Could be my imagination, but I think amdro now do one that is for a triple/2+1. It looks like they’ve simplified the fitting now too so it’s just head rests and straps through the isofix points. Seems quick and simple.

If anyone has any info about that or possible alternatives I’d be interested thanks.

Last edited:
Have you had a look at the Kombi Bed from Wessex Vans?

VW T5 & T6 Kombi Bed | Dorset | Wessex Vans
Hi, yes I have. I got my van from them and it looks good. But with a dog and a double buggy I need the bed out of the way most of the time. I have a European road trip to do for work this summer and will be doing a mix of hotels and van sleeping. The family might fly out halfway through so I need to keep 4 seats in the van as well as storage of stuff and kind of be able to sleep on top of it all. Ideally i’d Sleep higher up and have some storage with a bed on top that maybe extends forward to rest/fix on the top of the drivers seat/headrest. Anyone seen that?

Currently thinking a trip to ikea and B&Q might have to suffice to get what I want.

Cheers Westy78, that’s a pretty good option and I can’t guarantee there won’t be any vanking going on in there!

Think I was first to have a forty winks bed fitted and loved it but sold it and decided to go full conversation. Really great things they are. Sold mine to a member on here.

Having just changed my infinity bed to a fortywinks I wanted to share my review with you guys.

Firstly the bed was secondhand as it came up at a bargain and I collected from Reading. The initial board had been used as storage so had marks on it. The frame work was a little tired aswell.

I reached out to Fortywinks who are local (which helped). Nipped in the same day for chat and Ryan @fortywinks was super helpful. Ended up leaving my bed with him to which he covered with carpet and cleaned up the frame, now it looks bloody brand new.

Ryan also gave me full tour of his workshop which was impressive!

Highly Highly recommend Fortywinks and the beds, super solid and folds down lovely!!

9BBF7FF9-F7F1-41C8-A65A-5BF00B7ECF36.jpeg
33FF8319-E3AB-4780-8CD9-4A41D173199E.jpeg
03FC97C8-33EF-4686-B4BD-62BC2BB9E3FE.jpeg
I did ask if he would be up for a site bulk buy with a discount to which he was, so if people are Interested please mention below and I can set up a separate thread and have a chat with him.

Thanks for popping over this afternoon J88arv as you can see I’ve joined the forum and love it. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it’s greatly appreciated. FW
Pleasure mate and like I say, the quality is something else. Love the bed it’s epic.

I love my Fortywinks bed! So useful for loading kit double stacked too! Great purchase...I too would thoroughly recommend Ryan - top bloke!

Met up with Ryan on a lastminute.Com mission to get my fortywinks, great guy! Having slept on the bed for around 5 nights now I can say what an excellent piece of kit too! I can even fit my mtb under it with the front wheel of so winter mtb trips are definitely on the cards :cool:

Met up with Ryan on a lastminute.Com mission to get my fortywinks, great guy! Having slept on the bed for around 5 nights now I can say what an excellent piece of kit too! I can even fit my mtb under it with the front wheel of so winter mtb trips are definitely on the cards :cool:

What size rear wheel is that @RedUn? Have a 29er that currently loads into the Kombi using a Forty Winks bike rack (also an excellent piece of kit by the way @Superstar79) - if I can fit the Forty Winks bed over the top, it might be the second purchase I make from them!

What size rear wheel is that @RedUn? Have a 29er that currently loads into the Kombi using a Forty Winks bike rack (also an excellent piece of kit by the way @Superstar79) - if I can fit the Forty Winks bed over the top, it might be the second purchase I make from them!
It's a 27.5er it's a long bike though, 2020 whyte 901.

To be clear you have to lie it down underneath, it won't stand up under there, quick piccy

20200919_113805.jpg

Back