FortyWinks Bed Mattress

StewC

Suitably confused about suspension!
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have bought the a forty winks bed (thanks @Buggirl ) and am now considering getting a mattress made for it.
I approached a couple of upholsterers locally to get some idea of costs and the quotes came back a bit eye watering, one wanted £700!.
Has anyone done this or got any recommendations for foam type / thickness suitable suppliers.
Ideally I was wanting the mattress covered but can't really justify paying the sort of money quoted
Any advice / recommendation?
Cheers

Watching...I purchased one direct from Ryan at FortyWinks, very pleased and will do a post for others to see pictures.

I am considering borrowing the bed Topper we have and seeing if that is suitable

Do they do a mattress @RAD or are you planning on using a topper directly onto the MDF top ?

No, they simply fabricate the bed frames

I intend to test out a mattress first and then get it properly covered after.

I'll be keen to find out your thoughts. currently I'm thinking of 3 pieces of memory foam fabric covered and zipped together but pricey from upholsterers hence the post!

It’s only going to be for sleeping on, so when I said “properly” will possibly mean....ask my mother to sew it for me!

Thanks @Miles Glover and @Chrisfraser05 I am looking for something more tailored to suit the van dimensions. I might just have to bite the bullet and pay the upholsterers prices or learn to sew!

Hi I got some prices for upholstery which was eye watering so bought a double thermarest.

Hello all I have just got a forty winks bed fitted in my kombi and I am wondering what mattresses people are using on them I have seen a few posts on mattress but I am after peoples opinions on folk who have actually got the forty winks one please if possible, I currently have the Vango shagrila on the bed which is really really comfy but its a pain to put away and after something that I can roll up or fold etc

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply! Got the 40 winks mattress, very comfortable, washable covers, folds up neatly. Folds in 3 so sits nicely on the platform that’s left when its not in full bed mode. Absolutely no complaints from me.

I did it all as a one package during lockdown, so will have to check. They were fantastic with customer service so I’d just give them a call and see what they can do.

@sportsman did you ever get this mattress? I also have a Vango Comfort mattress, which as you say is super nice, but a pain to get out / put away. Wondering if to move to the Fortywinks mattress for my Fortywinks bed. Be interested what you make of it (or anyone else who has one?)

Back