Status
Not open for further replies.

StewC

Suitably confused about suspension!
VIP Member
T6 Pro
IMG_20190831_143038.jpg
Detail from their website https://www.fortywinksuk.com/bed

The Forty Winks kombi bed is simple by design yet innovative in its capability.

It’s the perfect solution for anyone wanting or owning a VW T5 /T6 SWB or LWB van that require it to be so much more than just a camper or bus.

Maybe you’re a trade, maybe it’s your main family vehicle or maybe it’s both. The Forty Winks kombi bed enables you to have it all.

When not in use the bed conveniently folds up behind the back seats enabling the everyday use of the van without compromising on space. When folded down the bed acts as a parcel shelf allowing you to not only utilise the full height of the van but also doubles up as a handy platform. Lastly, recline the back seats to create a full width double bed ready for any adventure.

In addition to this, the Forty Winks kombi bed is also popular with commercial van owners such as plasterers, joiners or sheet metal workers as they can still transport full size standard 8’x4’ sheets of material whilst having space underneath for tools or luggage completely out of sight of potential thieves.

Easily installed utilising existing VW floor lashing points and bolting point over the rear wheel arch.

I've had this fitted for nearly two years and has provided an excellent system for camping and transporting larger loads.

Condition is used, as such there are one or two scuffs and marks on the MDF Top (see photos)
Collection in person only (Great Ayton North Yorks). Potential for a meet up to hand over if not too time consuming / far.
£250.00 IMG_20190831_142609.jpg
Any Issues please feel free to contact me

This is just what I’m after, just I am the opposite end of the country!!

On a side note, if I end up buying new, I don’t suppose you know whether or not this type of slider / roller draw would work underneath this? (Sorry being cheeky asking this on your for sale thread)

Multi-Purpose Rubber Top Slide Out Cargo Shelf Tray For Pick Ups and Vans | eBay
Hi @DWS
Don't see any reason why not. You'll need to Fab some brackets and weld to the frame underneath. You won't be able to fold back the rear section as easily though.

This is exactly the kind of thing i am after, i have a T5 SWB (shuttle) but has a additional third row of seats to the rear, they do fully recline down though would this system, still work without removing the seats how high is the frame work?

Hi @Chill1221 I really sorry, the bed sold yesterday on Ebay, That said not paid or collected yet. Hopefully it wont but if it falls through I'll let you know.
Thanks Stew

This is exactly the kind of thing i am after, i have a T5 SWB (shuttle) but has a additional third row of seats to the rear, they do fully recline down though would this system, still work without removing the seats how high is the frame work?
Hi @Chill1221
The guy who bid on these has dropped out so this is available again now if interested.
I have removed it from the van now, but if you are interested I can work out the dimension to the bottom of the frame.

Do you still have this for sale? How are the side screws connected to the wheel arch section? Does a new hole have to be drilled to fit it? Also. Can you dm me your postcode so I can see where you are? Thanks

Hi @Ashjoli
Yes it's still for sale. It on eBay finishing tomorrow. The bolts engage in threaded sockets already above the wheel arch. Let me know if your interested. Thanks Stew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back