Forty Winks internal bike rack

KR.

T6 Guru
Forty Winks Internal Bike Rack

Anyone any experience with these? I only use/take my bike very occasionally so it seems a cheaper and more secure way of carting the bike to the hills than the standard external bike racks. I've standard SWB two single cab seats and a rear seat/RnR bed which sits right back, almost flush against the rear door. I've three or four D rings for lashing in the floorspace between front seats/rear seat but no anchor points as such to screw one of these onto the floor.

I have one and I love it. Thought about buying another one of the smaller ones as well (only attaches to one lashing point) as this may be more practical when I only take one bike. I’ve included photos of how I use it to give you an idea3243DD85-8BB8-4066-A03F-46DDBC2C1D1F.jpeg54597F4F-F0BB-47B5-9C3C-714D75C380B3.jpeg3243DD85-8BB8-4066-A03F-46DDBC2C1D1F.jpeg

Thanks for the pics, it's the smaller one I am interested in for the one bike. I'll drop them a line and see what they say about the lashing points on the unit.

Thanks for the pics, it's the smaller one I am interested in for the one bike. I'll drop them a line and see what they say about the lashing points on the unit.
The D rings are fitted with a M10 spline. You just unscrew the spline and screw in the bike station. When you don’t need it screw the d ring back in. Only takes 5 minutes

Reactions: KR.

This probably shows a better picture of how it fits. Didn’t see this pic last night

91E347EF-0884-4BAC-BA08-CF0102871F4C.jpeg

Reactions: KR.
Thanks for those photos and I can see how it attaches, the only problem is I don't have those floor D-rings. I've a conversion with a flat undisturbed floor. It would be good to have one of these fitted into the floor though I don't know how thick the flooring is underneath the vinyl....

I have one and I love it. Thought about buying another one of the smaller ones as well (only attaches to one lashing point) as this may be more practical when I only take one bike. I’ve included photos of how I use it to give you an
I have one and I love it. Thought about buying another one of the smaller ones as well (only attaches to one lashing point) as this may be more practical when I only take one bike. I’ve included photos of how I use it to give you an ideaView attachment 75016View attachment 75017View attachment 75016
Im looking at getting the fourty winks internal rack as yourself. I don’t yet have the van yet so can’t try my bikes in to see how they fit for length. I have noticed you have your rack fully adjusted to the rear and your back wheel is touching the seat. Is it a really tight fit? I have a nomad, demmo 8 and a YT Decoy all reasonably long for the size. I ride a large in each, what size bike are you running please? Is there any more adjustments? Thanks

Im looking at getting the fourty winks internal rack as yourself. I don’t yet have the van yet so can’t try my bikes in to see how they fit for length. I have noticed you have your rack fully adjusted to the rear and your back wheel is touching the seat. Is it a really tight fit? I have a nomad, demmo 8 and a YT Decoy all reasonably long for the size. I ride a large in each, what size bike are you running please? Is there any more adjustments? Thanks
Hi @Ben T 6.1 my van is a SWB and I have the bike rack adjusted as far as I can so it will be tighter for you with a larger bike. This has more to do with the limitations of internal space rather than the rack. With the door closed there is virtually no more space to move the rack further. you can still secure your forks and then angle your frame. Equally if your e travelling with a couple of people and bikes consider taking one seat out if possible (2:1) I do this quite a bit

Hi @Ben T 6.1 my van is a SWB and I have the bike rack adjusted as far as I can so it will be tighter for you with a larger bike. This has more to do with the limitations of internal space rather than the rack. With the door closed there is virtually no more space to move the rack further. you can still secure your forks and then angle your frame. Equally if your e travelling with a couple of people and bikes consider taking one seat out if possible (2:1) I do this quite a bit
Thanks for coming back to me that’s very helpful, i had noticed your bike was angled in one of your pictures and rack fully adjusted. I have thought about removing the single seat as an option. As I don’t have the van yet it’s hard to gauge everything. Do the seats all tip forward enough when folded down to allow more room? I have read that the 3 seater bench tilts right over but the 2+1 wants to come off the hinges when tilted forward?

Really pleased with mine - perfect in my LWB Kombi for 3 MTBs - a 4th one would be a bit of a challenge though

I drop the single rear seat forward for a little more room (mine are both XL) and they fit without touching the Seat.

F59D9099-6C60-4FFE-8A58-110ABFA7C81A.jpeg

The D rings are fitted with a M10 spline. You just unscrew the spline and screw in the bike station. When you don’t need it screw the d ring back in. Only takes 5 minutes

Could you not leave the D Ring in place and pop the bike station over the top? Even use the bike station threaded mount in place of the M10 spline?

If anyone is interested I'm now selling my 40 winks bike with 2x bike mounts - nothing wrong with it but I now want to mount the bikes with the forks behind the seats and the rack doesn't fit on the wider spaced lashing points

Sorry for the delay in responding - have been out all day! Condition is great - put in the van 6/7 months ago but hardly used due to lockdown - maybe 3 or 4 times. Postage looks to be about a tenner

Back